Woodsmith Store

Mzdadoc

Has anyone been to the Woodsmith Store in IA? I was looking into it and I guess they have different shops inside to show you different layouts of your tools. They have a garage setting which I think is pretty cool. I told my wife we'll have to make that a weekend destination before the snow flies... It's about 250 south of me.

It's about a 35 minute drive for me.  I get there fairly often although it's been a month or so now.  Not sure about the different shops to layout tools.  Unless they've rearragned I'm not aware of any such thing.  Super cool place to go though.  Great assortment of products and finishes.  they've got lots of my $$$ :rolleyes:

I go there all the time. They "used" to have the different shop layouts as you mentioned.
But not anymore.

Originally it was set up to have 3 layouts. 1 - Garage, 1 - basement, 1 - stand alone style building.

Now those areas have been reallocated. What used to be the garage is now the festool room. What used to be the basement is now the dust collection room. What used to be the stand alone building now has a tv and some chairs with episodes of the Woodsmith show playing. that room also has the bargain stuff in it.

They do seminars most Thursday Nights. I've been to a bunch. I think they may offer those as a web-cast after the fact. I know they film them in the same room they film the show.