PLEASE READ if you sent or were planning on sending Chet an ornament

ChetlovesMer

If you have sent or were planning on sending me an ornament I have important news.

This is in reference to this thread:

I have some bad news:

I didn't get a tree!
Yeah, okay one thing I didn't know is that they don't have an unlimited number of trees. So, by time I filed my paperwork I was out of luck and I didn't get a tree.

What I did do was sign up for a tree for next year. So, I'll get one in November of 2015!

What does this mean for the contest my wife and I were planning on hosting...

Well, I'd like everyone who has sent or was planning on sending me an ornament to message me and let me know what they would like me to do:

I can either

1 - Just send you your ornament back.

2 - I can carefully pack it up and save it for 2015, when I will have a tree, then enter it into 2015's contest.

3 - My wife and I would be happy to work something else out with you to make it right.

I am truly sorry I screwed this up.

Please accept my thanks for the effort you guys made and my apologies for having to postpone the contest until next year.

Please message me and let me know what you'd like to do.

Believe me, nobody feels dumber right now than I do.

That's a bummer Chet :wacko:..  The way I look at this is that your intentions were good and this way you'll likely have a lot more ornaments for next years tree!  I'll still be making and sending some as this was going to be one of the weekend projects I have set to do with my Daughter (I'll do the cutting; she'll do the decorating).  She's 4 so I wouldn't expect anything beautifully painted but IMO it's the thought that counts.  Just box'Em up and save for next year :D

Maybe it's just me, but if you have a car, an axe, you can get a tree.  I've never heard of having to sign up for a tree.  What's that about?

your question is answered in the original thread.  getting a particular tree is part of the charity program:

"Everyone starts off with the same tree. You purchase the tree from organization that runs the event that way all the trees themselves are basically the same. Here’s a link to the event site: http://www.blankchil...l-of-trees.aspx"

and for me, I really wanted to participate in this but this year I am just crazy busy, this way you can get more people to participate with a year notice.  I bet you can get 100 or more ornaments this way, so I'd just make sure to keep posting reminders about this... 

So sorry for this disappointment I can see how enthusiastic and passionate you are to support this very worthy charity, and I was enjoying reading about it. Don't sweat it, this is just the kind of thing I would do. I have had near zero woodworking time this year, I am hoping for some more next year, hopefully this means I'll have time to send you a 2015 entry!

Although I'm sure most will be mothballed for next years event, any chance you can showcase the 2014 entries? Always love to see a good lama or reindeer or whatever that thing is that Mel beautifully crafts....