It ain't pretty, but it sure works well.

Shane Jimerfield

Got my self some health and safety upgrades - a Super Dust Deputy and Wynn filter. I don't have a gauge, but it sure seems like this thing is pulling double the air - all the ports are whistling. With the Supermax addition to the shop this seemed prudent. Used for a bit today and NOTHING has made it to the bag yet, some fines probably made it to the filter but darn few I hope. I need to put a window on that barrel so I don't over fill it. Anyone got a cutting torch I could use?

DC.jpg

After using a dust deputy with my shop vac, I now have a super dust deputy also.

I am actually in the process of pumping my air outside.

There is so little in the bag, it is not even measurable.

I saved a lot of room by getting rid of the bag and Wynn filter.

Just kept the motor, mounted it to my bench and pumped the exhaust air out through a window.

After using a dust deputy with my shop vac, I now have a super dust deputy also.

I am actually in the process of pumping my air outside.

There is so little in the bag, it is not even measurable.

I saved a lot of room by getting rid of the bag and Wynn filter.

Just kept the motor, mounted it to my bench and pumped the exhaust air out through a window.

Same, started with the shopvac version then upgraded after I liked the results.

I'm want to vent outside too, but the winter is coming and that is a lot of lost warm air. I'd like to configure a dual option for venting outside on warm days.

Yes, I should paint that can...nice esthetics are important for inspiration.

Good thing sawdust is light, because I can't wait for the apprentice to get big enough to move that thing before emptying it.

We hashed this out in a few threads in the past.  I exhaust my fines out the back of my shop, and while yes, I do lose a noticeable bit of heat during and right after using the DC for extended periods on very cold days, if your shop is up to temp before you start running the DC, the radiant heat from all the objects in the shop seems to get the temp back up fairly quickly.  If you were gonna run the DC all day long it may be a problem, but how often do you do that?  I run mine for bursts of a few minutes at a time, usually less.  The combined time I spend in my shop with tools running is far less than the time not running tools.  Maybe it's just me and my casual pace.

• Like 1