Is it too late to introduce myself?

Scott Bailey

I just found this section of the forum (don't laugh!), so even though I've posted a bit already and have also benefited greatly from the sage advice of those here, I decided to join the "hello" forum too.

I live on the beautiful Oregon coast where I practice law and spend some of my off time trying to make nice things. This little hobby started for me as a combination of me really wanting something to direct my own creative energy toward, and the notion that I am flat out tired of being a consumer and really would rather have a more direct hand in both my own stuff (IE furniture), and stuff that I give to others (IE christmas gifts and so forth).  I already have plans for gifts for family and those projects are what consume my time for now but in the future I hope to make some of my own furniture as well.  The nice thing is, the projects that I'm working on as gifts are small and appropriate to learn on before I tackle something large and complicated. 

anyway, I have found this community to be fantastic so far, and I feel like no question is a bad one which speaks well of all of you.  so Greetings from the Oregon Coast, where I have to drive 60+ miles just to get a piece of wood, but it's worth it!

haha

i have a personal rule, no legal advice over the internet ;)

i could be defined as a classic small town lawyer, I do some estate planning (and estate administration), some domestic relations, some administrative law, some work with homeless and disabled ppl (including disabled vets), and I work with homeless animals as well.  I will occasionally handle some small matters involving contracts and so forth as well, things like property disputes or other personal matters.