Universal jointer

trz

• 2 years later...

I've got one.   It's a jig that does dovetails of many types and box joints.   Last I heard, the inventor / entrepreneur / owner had gotten ill and closed the company.   It has templates for sliding dovetails and those with 2" and 3" o.c. By resetting the stops, the 3" one can also do 1.5" o.c.   When doing pins, you have to flip the angled guide over to finish the cuts.  And for half-blind, you have some hand-work to clean up the tails.  In addition to the templates you show, there are various sized stops With the flexibility, comes a lot of complexity.   I saw the demo, went to a class, and it still took me 3 days of study and lots of notes as I figured things out.   Now, when I use it, it takes me a while to refresh my memory.    It's something a gadget mechanical engineer would love.     If you don't have the 60+ page manual with dozens of charts and tables, I don't think the average woodworker would be able to figure it out.  (I have a graduate and undergraduate degree in math, summa cum laude, so it's not just that simple to understand). 

• 1 month later...