My Proposed Shop Layout

AstroDave

And that's why it's last on the list...just like spinach. Just finished the drum sander, planer is next easy peasy.

So you think. That Dewalt 735 stand is a PITA to put together. Lots of bolts. Took about 2.5 hours to get everything unpacked and put together. Plan on a full 8-10 hours getting your saw completely assembled and tuned if you're doing it yourself.

Crap I just heard from Woodcraft that the jointer was damaged on arrival so they refused delivery...which is a good thing. Hope I get it before Xmas at this point.

If you need stuff jointed I'd say go to woodcraft and have them let you use their jointer there. At this point, you should be getting the family discount from them. 

OK so I completed the bandsaw...

C3xuKaKl.jpg

Then proceeded on to the Laguna Dust Collector...

5EfNvuIl.jpg

This by far was the biggest pain in the butt to setup.  Instructions were horrible with mislabeled parts...diagrams that didn't match or were poorly illustrated.  Hose connections that were difficult to say the least.  It looked like a drunk cut the flexible hoses as they were so haphazardly done.  I plan to purchase some better hosing to replace it but managed to set it up to test.

KZULCKul.jpg

Put the infeed/outfeed tables on my drum sander...which were not included in the original purchase but according to most were mandatory for good operation. 

xVyavAwl.jpg

Also received my Carter Stabilizer for the bandsaw so that I can do easier scroll work...can you say reindeer :)

KCq2z8sl.jpg

Next up the tablesaw...

WXMgsBTl.jpg

But that will be tomorrow as I want to be alert and on my game when I put it together.

Dave,

I'm a new woodworker too and don't have a jointer, but you still can flatten rough sawn boards without a jointer. Go to this website: www.jpthein.com and look at his planer sled. He just uses a 1/2" piece of plywood, masking tape and a glue gun. I have used this technique with great results. While your waiting for your Powermatic Jointer to arrive in one piece to Woodcraft, this will get you started. I use my router table and a straight bit to joint once edge of my boards.