My Proposed Shop Layout

AstroDave

Tablesaw is 30% done and will finish tomorrow and start makin' somethin'

I believe you have the same saw and accessories I have. You'll have a few bolts and nuts left over when installing the fence and rails which is normal. They are used if you have the contractor saw. I called SawStop and they verified this.

Horse stall mats are not as cushy but they are cheap and big. I got mine at Tractor Supply. Pretty heavy and the rubber smell lingers for a couple of weeks. They stay where you put them and very non slip surface.

Horse stall mats are intended to protect their hooves from concrete floors.

Tablesaw done

NFU6QHxl.jpg

Sawdust mission fullfilled...

YfnMAH9l.jpg

I also now have a better appreciation of a drill press...  Those holes are not perpendicular...even though I tried to keep the drill correctly oriented it's harder than it looked :)  May have to just pick up a benchtop unit if nothing else. 

If you're guessing they will be beer totes... complete with opener and bottle catch... Thanks again Tom for the great suggestion...

zEAcpd7l.jpg

• Like 1

Well truth be told I was pretty upset day before yesterday when I took the paper of the cast iron top.  When we were unloading the saw we tilted it over and it did a bit of a rub on the concrete.  Totally my fault... It's only cosmetic but I have to be honest it really bummed me out when I saw it...Kind of like that feeling you get with the first ding on a new car.

tFr9nMal.jpg

Trick for drilling perpendicular holes with a hand-held drill: position the piece so that you are drilling horizontally at around chest or waist height.  Looking down from above, you can tell whether the drill is off left or right.  Put a ring (finger jewelry) on the shank of the drill.  If you tip the drill up or down, the ring will slide forward or backward. 

But a drill press is on my wish list, too.

Trick for drilling perpendicular holes with a hand-held drill: position the piece so that you are drilling horizontally at around chest or waist height.  Looking down from above, you can tell whether the drill is off left or right.  Put a ring (finger jewelry) on the shank of the drill.  If you tip the drill up or down, the ring will slide forward or backward. 

But a drill press is on my wish list, too.

What a clever idea... thanks Mr. Chips...