Lowe's lost...

Tpt life

$1.47 million awarded in the 2x4 debacle. Are we going to see an industry wide shift in labeling? Goodbye quarter system?

Lowes did not loose, it was a consent judgement. Much cheaper to just settle and get the hell out. The case was about more than 2x4's it was the media that turned it into a 2x4 thing. CA has their own set of laws regarding lumber labeling probably because so many smoke pot they have to be very specific and talk real slow. This really isn't going to change anything except for the labels on the shelves and what the consumer see's on their receipt. What it is going to do is make consumers more aware across the US. with all the 2x4 wrong size misinformation floating around people are going to start measuring their lumber and finished products and calling in complaints about every lumber supplier. This really isn't anything new there have been plenty of cases with finish products in CA. In CA a 2x4 is treated like a finished product. The cabinet industry was hit with this years ago when companies advertised 1" doors that were really 7/8. 1" was never for the consumer to assume the doors were a full inch thick it was for designers and tradesmen to know 1" was off the face frame including the felt bumper. Thanks to ligation 1" doors are now 1"but are really spec'ed as 1.125. So much for making life easy in the litigious USA.

A little known fact is they tried suing the car manufacturer for not having cup holders.

Side note, when is the last time you saw a new car without cup holders? Food for thought... 

I rented one in Germany a couple years ago.

But, I think its more common there to stop and have coffee before continuing your journey. Rather than just suck the coffee down while driving like I do pretty much every day.

• Like 1