Favorite Late Night Snack for Eating in Shop

chefmagnus@grics.net

mostly I just drink coffee in the shop... Although I like a Rockstar Energy drink now and then. Yes, I know energy drinks are bad for me.

I usually don't eat in the shop. Sometimes I'll have a large beef and cheese burrito in the house... that guarantees my bride kicks me out of the house, so I can be alone in the shop until the effects wear off.

Energy drinks are fine in moderation. It's those kids who abuse and drink 2-3 in a day that get the ill effects.

Some people can tolerate the energy boost better than others. And some can't even feel the boost at all. I sometimes need a kick from a monster or rock star just to get going in my morning classes. 9:00AM is not a preferable time for me to learn about the 20-30 types of clay, sand, and gravel for geotechnical engineering.

I love food / cooking; almost as much as WW :P.  My problem is that eating zaps my energy when I have "work" to do. 

Morning routine is a large coffee mixed with heavy whipping cream and chocolate (lazy man's mocha), almonds and cashews throughout the day and come nighttime, carbs and protein baby!  Usually in the form of beer, meat, pasta and gotta share the love with a lot of veggies!  Wife's Italian so I taught her a few things <sarcasm> :wub:

Ideally I'd like my day to go like this:

breakfast: Fresh (and I mean made from scratch) biscuits and gravy, bloody mary's (from scratch), farm fresh eggs (sunny up) and some fresh fruit (cantaloupe / musk melon, berries, etc). 

<Surf fishing with a few cold one's>

Lunch: raw oysters on the shell, some good ale's, a large balsamic salad with some deviled eggs...

<nap>

Dinner: Hell, anything goes as long as it's fresh and served with Bombay's or a good wine with a bon-fire! :D

<Get a little E'm Hum, fall over and repeat> :blink:

I can dream can't I !!! 

Shop time is for the weekends when it's time to relax.  Having fun is hard work ! :)

Damn, I like the way you think and eat!

I don't know if it's a southern thing or not, but my dad's folks are from Louisiana and growing up we had tomato gravy and biscuits. Before I would marry my wife, she had to learn to make it!

I am allergic to fruits with pits. I even have to wear gloves while working with cherry. My wife before we were married made me a roast chicken dinner and she used her grandmother technique for a nice brown skin of a thinned apricot jelly. So I ended up having a bad reaction and ended up in the ER. So she refused to cook anything for me until we had been married for a few years. The needle that broke the camels back was that I didn't put enough milk in the gravy. Since then a couple times a month we get up early on Sunday and we make biscuits and gravy together. 

She still can't make a pot of grits to save her life...

Wdwerker, I want you to know, based on your question I debated posting several different comments. Most of them involved some version of stain or staining. However, I decided to class up the joint and not go with any of those.

See honey, I'm showing more and more maturity all the time!

OK does this go here or am I the only one confused.

You might want to wear a respirator when sanding cherry if you are that sensitive, the dust could irritate your nose and lungs. Cocobolo, rosewood and quite a few other woods can cause bad reactions as well. Cocobolo made my grandfather itch and have a nosebleed.

I have a leftover from my days working in HAZMAT. I have a Level A positive pressure full hood. I got tired of wearing the pack for it so I mounted it next to one of the garage door openers in my shop with a autoreel for a supply hose. I hang the hood on hook just outside the shop door and the hose connect hangs just inside. I have enough hose to get to all but the very corners of the shop. I also open the garage doors to let in more fresh air. It is ok to work in during cooler weather but it heats up really bad in the summer. I can only stand it for 30-45 minutes. It was custom fit for me and the GOV did not want it back. I did get a 2 minute pause and look from the mailman once while planning some wood once. He probably reported me as a terrorist.