Cleaning Saw Blades

I use the commercially available blade cleaner, I think the last bottle I bought was made by CMT. Spray both sides and make sure to hit the face of every tooth. Let it sit for a few minutes, scrub with a nylon bristle brush.Rinse and inspect, go back for any missed spots. Blow dry and spray w Boesheild Blade cote.

I hate to say this but I only clean my blades when the guy who sharpens them cleans them. 

Next time you think the blade needs sharpening, try cleaning it first.  I was amazed the difference it made the first time I cleaned a blade.

I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to use regular Simple Green because it weakens the brazing of the carbide teeth on saw blades.

really? Simple green seems so, um, simple (except for that damn smell!).. didn't even think it could have that affect. I'll have to look that up now.

Anyways, I just did hot sink water (our is f'ing hot) and a drop of dish soap. Soaked for about a minute, gentle brass brush, and boom. done. like new. 

I'm single and can put any damn thing I want in my dishwasher ! Just not sure the dry cycle wouldn't bake anything leftover right back on.

You can poach salmon in the dishwasher . I have also heard you can clean adult toys in there as well.

Ha!!!! OMG, there it is. Best post of the day. ROFL  :lol:

I'm single and can put any damn thing I want in my dishwasher ! Just not sure the dry cycle wouldn't bake anything leftover right back on.

You can poach salmon in the dishwasher . I have also heard you can clean adult toys in there as well.

My motorcycle won't fit in a dishwasher. That is the kind of toy you meant right?  :huh:

Also, remind me never to eat dinner at your house.  :lol:

• Like 1

I read the second line and was like "oh Kiki...you so crazy" and then was like "wait, Kiki isn't single"...look to the left...whoa.  My mental image of Steve went through an extensive overhaul. =p

Poached salmon and dados in the same dishwasher :wacko:

My company makes cleaning products, since I run R&D people are always sending me samples of their products to test . I recently received some samples of a soy based degreaser that is the best thing I have used to clean pitch off saw blades. The best part is it was free.

I am pretty sure similar products are available at the big box stores. Another option is to go to your local janitorial supply store. They will sell stronger commercial grade products.