Not true moderation....

Tpt life

Of course, when a topic does get moderated I want to know what I missed out on :)

Yea, it's unfortunate that it's just whisked away instead of just locked but left readable.  

There was one about pantry slides the other day that just got whisked away.   All I saw at the beginning was very innocent slide discussion and someone had asked Steve (wdwerker) for his recommendation and it got me thinking I'd love to pick Steve's brain for recommended slides for a wide variety of use cases...when I refreshed to see what else had been discussed, whoosh it was gone.

In both cases, the thread was deleted by the person who started it. None of this has to do with moderation. If a user deletes their own post, the post is no longer readable for obvious reasons. I can change the setting to prevent users from being able to delete their own topics, but I'm not sure that's what people want.

If a post is deleted by mistake, it is indeed wiped from public view but it is still "restorable" by an Admin. So if you accidentally delete a post, let me know and I'll restore it. The Lowes topic has been restored. 

Brian's pantry slide topic has also been restored since I couldn't see any particular reason for deleting it. 

I'm glad we can delete posts.  I'd be banned in about 15 minutes with a mouth like mine.  Let's keep that feature. :D

I read something online the other day and without thinking I started a thread about it. Luckily Mr Shaffer was quick to remind me that politics is not allowed here (quite rightly) and I was able to delete it before Marc got on my case - mind you I suppose he now knows about it :unsure: