Ever felt like an idiot

DaveT

So over the weekend I had a major problem with the combi boiler in the cottage I rent. No hot water or heating with 50mph winds howling outside. Had to wait until yesterday to contact the landlord and they arranged for an engineer but he wouldn't be able to come until today.

Engineer arrived first thing this morning and after stripping it all down found that the motor for the feul pump had an intermittent fault and replaced it. Tested it all and everything was working fine.

Earlier this evening I went to have a nice long hot shower and after two days of washing in a bowl of water boiled in a kettle I was really looking forward to it. Climbed in turned the water on and  - tepid water. I thought that maybe it just needed some more time for the hot stuff to arrive so I waited. Nope, still just tepid.

Climbed out of the shower not a very happy bunny and started to compose a really snotty email to the landlord when post-15398-0-77579000-1414520100.png. Guess who forgot to reset the hot water temp after the engineer left!

My goof for the day wasn't serious but, I still felt like an IDIOT. :wacko:   I mowed half of the front yard (really, I was just mulching leaves) and thought to myself "This mower isn't working as well as it did last week." It seemed that I was just pushing the leaves around and they weren't getting mulched. Then I realized that the blade on the mower WASN'T ENGAGED!!!!  :rolleyes:

Yea, I finally pulled the lever that drives the blade and things got better so I "re-cut" the whole yard!  :lol:

Rog 

• Like 1

My goof for the day wasn't serious but, I still felt like an IDIOT. :wacko: I mowed half of the front yard (really, I was just mulching leaves) and thought to myself "This mower isn't working as well as it did last week." It seemed that I was just pushing the leaves around and they weren't getting mulched. Then I realized that the blade on the mower WASN'T ENGAGED!!!! :rolleyes:

Yea, I finally pulled the lever that drives the blade and things got better so I "re-cut" the whole yard! :lol:

Rog

I'll be damned if that isn't the funniest thing I've heard in awhile.

I feel your pain.

One time I sat in my car, which was manual trans, with the music on somewhat loud. I thought the car was on. I put it in gear, and for the life of me could not figure out why I wasn't going forward. Checked the e-brake and all. Turned the music down and boy did I feel dumb when the keys were still in the cup holder.

Okay, I felt like an idiot in the shop yesterday.
I'm using my table saw which has dust collection above and below the table.
Dust starts spraying everywhere. "Dang, dust collector's full, right?"
Empty dust collector, no change.
Check dust collector filter, no change.

Start to become concerned.
Looking for leaks in the system...

Then the light goes off.

"Doesn't the blast gate need to be open for this to work?"

Yep, I started to think my ClearVue was broken when in reality the blast gate was closed... I am just that stupid.

If you haven't yet in your life, you are in for a major life correction moment.

My major screw up was on my dad's boat. He need some fiberglass repair done. I said that I would do it  since borrow it from time to time. I put on 2 ft2 of it with only the A part of the epoxy. It came right apart but I had to go get more of the fiberglass sheets...