Discounted Course from Chris Schwarz

DaveT

Don't know if anyone has put this up already but I couldn't find it if they have.

Discount Classes for the New Hand-tool Anarchist

The great thing for me is that he's coming to the UK next year to teach one over here. With a course cost of £95 that is just about within my budget. They are also accepting donations of either cash or tools to reduce the costs further. I'm going to donate some of my surplus wooden planes and possibly some saws as well. There are links on the post about donating.

I already though Chris Schwarz was a pretty great guy but this has elevated him to hero status in my mind.

• Like 1

Dave it has some small print at the bottom:

Due to the nature of this course, only one application per person is allowed and proof must be provided that the applicant is below 25 and either in full-time education or earns below £20,000 per year.

That's ok. I earn £11k a year :) I asked the organizers and they said it shouldn't be a problem. Either way at least I can donate some tools to help get more youngsters into 'proper' woodworking.

• Like 1