Hello from South Carolina

Russell Ledford

Hello everyone my name is Russell, I am from Greenville, SC. I have no master craft of woodworking. I am joining here to bounce ideas off of more knowledgeable people, and to gain a new understanding of Wood working. We (my wife and I) are currently building our own house, and when I say building I mean the only people who have done any work on it is myself, my wife, my dad and a few of our friends. Our goal is to be debt free in 2 years so we have dumped ourlife savings into this house as an investment in our future. We have received our Certificate of occupancy but have a lot of trim and cosmetics to complete. i am currently making all my trim with a router table and table saw, this has proven to be a slow process but very rewarding.

post-16361-0-13861600-1414675929_thumb.j

Hi Russell, welcome in. There are several folks here in the building trades, so I'm sure you can find good advice on you home building project, as well as any othe type of woodworking.

Best advice I can give regarding the house is to enjoy the process, but don't do it again! Building our home was one of the most stressful periods of our marriage. If we ever move, it will be to a place that is already standing.

K Cooper thanks for the kind words its been an adventure, and I have to give credit to my wife she has done practically all the pine walls by herself she is pretty handy with a nail gun and a miter saw..

wtnhighlander I completely agree with you on the stress factor, were doing the storage building this weekend. then the neighbor has an old building that we are going to tear down and rebuild on our property to use as a workshop so we have plenty more work ahead of us.