Delta Table Saw parts

I sheared a roll pin on my Delta 36-714. It's on the tilt shaft. E replacement and every other tool parts place says it's no longer available, but gives no description. The last time I needed one of these I had to find one close to the right size and grind it down.What a pain. Does anyone have any ideas as to what size pin this might be? Must be metric. I tried every standard size the last time. The part number is 121246147. Thanks for any help.

Thanks guys. I have punched it out once before. It's a real bite to get to without tearing the whole saw apart. I guess that's what I'll have to do. Seems like a poor design, the pin is less than 3/16" and any pressure and it shears off. Not sure if there is enough room on the gear to drill it out.I guess I'll find out.

Thanks again for the help guys. I got my saw sort of fixed for now today.The problem is the tilt shaft turns a small worm gear that in turn meshes with a gear that rotates the blade tilt carriage. I got a new Wixey angle gauge and was trying to set the blade to a perfect zero degrees to the table. I went to .25 degrees easily and I thought I could get it to zero so I turned it a little too far and sheared the pin. Took it all a part and cleaned everything. Ground a small pin I found and got it to turn. Still can't get it to absolute zero. Checked the manual to see if there was an adjustable stop and couldn't find one. Can't detect the minute angle with my square so I guess it's as good as it's going to get.

• 9 months later...

Thanks again for the help guys. I got my saw sort of fixed for now today.The problem is the tilt shaft turns a small worm gear that in turn meshes with a gear that rotates the blade tilt carriage. I got a new Wixey angle gauge and was trying to set the blade to a perfect zero degrees to the table. I went to .25 degrees easily and I thought I could get it to zero so I turned it a little too far and sheared the pin. Took it all a part and cleaned everything. Ground a small pin I found and got it to turn. Still can't get it to absolute zero. Checked the manual to see if there was an adjustable stop and couldn't find one. Can't detect the minute angle with my square so I guess it's as good as it's going to get.

To adjust the 90 & 45 degree stops on the Delta 36-714, there are two recessed set screws on the table saw top, just in front of the table insert. Should be one on the left for 90 degrees and one on the right for 45 degrees.  Sadly I've broken my shear pin too and am looking for a replacement.

Popec, Welcome to the dance. I finally ordered a set of metric pins from Amazon and got my saw going. I had to spend $43.00 and buy a assorted set but I've got my saw back in order. I've looked under my top and don't see the stops you are referring to. I'll have to look better the next time I have it apart. Good luck

• Like 1

I e-mailed Delta Canada for the roll Pin dimensions for the Delta 36-714..this is the reply:

The pin is 3mm X 14mm.

If you broke the pin you have an issue other than that.

Check the shaft and eccentric sleeve, they may be seized together so the shaft doesn’t turn freely.

Remove the assembly and soak in penetrating oil to brake them loose, then clean and lubricate with lithium grease and reassemble.

Regards,

Delta Customer Care

I suspect I broke mine, because my positive stops were slightly out of adjustment and I was forcing it against the stop--the roll pin(thankfully) being the weakest link ended up breaking, but I am going to go check my saw and make sure nothing is binding up that shouldn't be as per Delta's reply.  Hope this helps anyone else out there that has sheared this pin off.

@Woodbutcher74, the positive stops will be on the top surface--just little allen bolts on the top surface of your saw (see the attached photo--two holes at the bottom of the picture--the one on your left should be the 45 degree stop and the one on the right 90 degrees. )

Delta36-714.jpg

Edited by popec
added photo

Popec, thanks for the info about the positive stops. While sorting through all my manuals, tossing the ones that I no longer own the equipment I found my table saw manual. I sure don't remember seeing that part when I set my saw up years ago. I backed my stops off and now set my blade with my Wixey. I checked the set of roll pins the I've got  10- 3mm x18mm. I'd be glad to mail you a couple if you still need one. Now that I have my saw adjusted I don't think I'll be breaking anymore. Let me know.

Edited by woodbutcher74