Looking for French cleat shop ideas

estesbubba

Since you never get your shop layout perfect the first time, I think I'm going to use French cleats so cabinets, etc. are easy to move. I'm looking for pictures, websites, etc. for ideas on what all people have done using French cleats for shop organization. I know it's really just a way to attach to walls so really any storage ideas would be great. 

I ran two rows of french cleats around the entire garage.  All of my cabinets, shelves and various tool and gadget hangers are supported by the french cleat. They are hard to see in the picture with all of the clutter but top row is visible.  The shelf holding the tv is sitting on the lower row.

post-520-0-92689300-1415121150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am working on a new shop in a separate 1 car garage and am also using french cleat for storage so I can rearrange as I figure out the best work flow.

I have found Pinterest of all places a great place to find storage ideas. A search for french cleat turns up ton of useful ideas. I've been building up board with ideas for when I get around to building things to use for inspiration.

Check out this search: http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=french%20cleat&term_meta%5B%5D=french%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=cleat%7Ctyped

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I like the idea of this thread...I wish someone would publish a mag or book of nothing but quick French cleat jim jams.

I just added 24 feet of cleat to my garage to hang strollers and such.

Made one for my muddy sneakers...it always seems like overkill, but I love that items to be stored have a custom fit home.

Angles certainly save space - used 45 degrees on this one.

66cc7b282079fb7d297d17103ebc475a.jpg

114d7b8560201d6c6078e1166e580477.jpg

• Like 1