Bed for Junior...Completed

Eric.

Well that was a fun night's sleep.  Apparently, despite the approximately 30 square feet of area he's free to roam in that bed, Junior prefers to sleep right up against the wall, upon which he bangs his head and feet ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  Conveniently the same wall against which my wife and I lay our heads when we sleep.  Changes to be made today.  But the bed remains intact and Junior's neck remains unbroken.  For the moment.

Wow.  Phenomenal work.  All that sanding really paid off because the finish looks flawless at least in the pictures.  Nice job.

What did you use to raise the panels?  Table saw or router?  Or did you ship it to PB and have him use his shaper?

Is it curly hard or soft maple?

• Like 1

Don mailed me some shaper dust and I just sprinkled it on.  Poof!

On the router.  Horizontal bit.  Freud quadra-cut.  Cuts like butter, even through all that figure.  Zero tearout.

Soft maple.

This was the first thing I noticed. Having had fits working with this stuff,  I'm impressed with how smooth those panels look. Looks great bud, nice contrasting colors and simple yet elegant design. 

• Like 1

Thanks Andy.  Yep, can't wait for that cherry to sweeten.  The flash on the camera washes the life out of it in the pics.  It's pretty rich and warm already.  The best example of what the color looks like in person is the close-up of the leg.  It's only gonna get better. :)