Something from high school

mrrhode04

Just showing off something that I made in high school. I am working on a couple of things in the garage and once those are done I will post some of those pictures. I built this while I was 17 there is a lot I have learned since but I still love the way the drawers come out. There two drawers on each side of the bed. I also made a dresser is go with the bed. They are both made out of cherry.

post-16393-0-58402000-1415510822_thumb.j

post-16393-0-18295100-1415510833_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thank you, it was a fun project to do. I wish I had my solidworks abilities back when I made this because it would have made it a lot easier to have a model of this before starting to build it. The bed has a lot of memories tied to it, a couple from building it where. I was caring one side of the bed with two of the drawers in it and one of the drawers slipped out of my hand and did a full rotation and caught my figure between the face frame and drawer front, I had to go stand outside in the middle of winter for a few minutes because I thought I was going to get sick from the pain. The other one is one day I came in to the shop and found my bed in a couple of pieces. The story is a couple of freshmen where screwing around and one of them fell on it and broke a few pieces. My teacher told me the kid that broke it will be paying for the new material and my bed fought back pretty good, because the kid was hurting a little bit.