Show us your "Rack"!

ChetlovesMer

==>What 3 LN planes?

Selling three (maybe four) LN-BU planes: LA-J, RBP, LA-AMBP plus a draft choice to be named later. Don’t get me wrong, they’re all great planes and all very useful in any shop --- it’s just that I have accumulated so many tools over the years that I have significant overlap…

After reading “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest”, I took a good hard look at my collection --- and came to grips with what I had long suspected… My workflow had shifted, but my tool kit didn’t – it simply grew with the new requirements -- I had never culled a single thing – I had become a tool junkie -- there were tools I hadn’t used in years…

In line with CS’s goal of selling one hundred tools on his road to anarchy, I decided to do the same --- one hundred tools in 2014 --- I hit that mark, just… For 2015 I’m shooting for another twenty or so, plus about fifty to one hundred clamps…

BTW: I’d suggest any new woodworker get a copy of the “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest”…. It’s worth the read… If it’d been published a decade ago, I’d have saved serious cash…

Very nice planes!

Yes that book is on my list of ones to buy soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to building a clamp rack.  Cutting the slots on the router table was fun.  Probably will use my table saw for the next one as I still have a few more clamps to get up and out of the way.

fTFDDfVl.jpg

bsxOE4cl.jpg

Oh and yes I was finally able to get my jointer off the pallet and on to its mobile base... that was a new experience :)  Used a rental shop crane...it was simpler than I had thought it would be...

Thanks Kev...Yes I saw that method after the fact :)  My bandsaw is only 14" so I wouldn't be able to do as wide a rack...however the next one is smaller so I will likely go that route.

Jig saw would work just fine too..  It's a clamp rack, not fine furniture..  ;)