Show us your "Rack"!

ChetlovesMer

I'm guessing from the pics that you guys don't live as close to HF as I do?

Does this mean you like HF's clamps?   I always see them when I'm there and it's always like "ooooh so cheap" but I'm worried they won't last or will explode the first time you try to do any real clamping.

Does this mean you like HF's clamps?   I always see them when I'm there and it's always like "ooooh so cheap" but I'm worried they won't last or will explode the first time you try to do any real clamping.

I have several of their F-clamps and they work ok.  On a couple of mine the handle seems to be stripping out from the all thread so I can't crank down on them to get them really tight.  Probably could solve it by drilling through the bottom of the handle and putting a bolt through, but just haven't had the time.

For as cheap as they are, I haven't been disappointed in the use I've received from them.

All of my bar clamps are currently in use gluing 2 pieces of sycamore and a piece of black walnut laminate to make a batman themed walking stick. So here they are. I also have 30 maple spool clamps I made for gluing guitar tops to the sides, some more quickclamps in a drawer in my roller cabinet, some corner clamps.   

Biggest mistake was not buying 12 Bessey parallel clamps from the guy I bought a few things from. $200 for 4 2', 4 3', and 4 4' clamps.

Need to step up my clamp game. Getting out of small project building into larger things makes for an expensive clamp purchase. 

post-16369-0-61841300-1415837679_thumb.j

All of my bar clamps are currently in use gluing 2 pieces of sycamore and a piece of black walnut laminate to make a batman themed walking stick. So here they are. I also have 30 maple spool clamps I made for gluing guitar tops to the sides, some more quickclamps in a drawer in my roller cabinet, some corner clamps.   

Biggest mistake was not buying 12 Bessey parallel clamps from the guy I bought a few things from. $200 for 4 2', 4 3', and 4 4' clamps.

Need to step up my clamp game. Getting out of small project building into larger things makes for an expensive clamp purchase.

Ack! Glue in the cast iron!

I have several of their F-clamps and they work ok. On a couple of mine the handle seems to be stripping out from the all thread so I can't crank down on them to get them really tight. Probably could solve it by drilling through the bottom of the handle and putting a bolt through, but just haven't had the time.

For as cheap as they are, I haven't been disappointed in the use I've received from them.

I have a bunch of the HF F clamps also. Great up to about 18", but the longer bars are too flimsy for heavy work. I get the same feel about the handles seeming to spin aroind the screw when I twist hard, but none have failed yet.

Don't even bother looking at the "quick-grip" style at HF. The ones I have (black and gray) are total garbage. I have HF C-clamps and handscrews that work quite well.

Yea, I bought one of the quick grip style and never again. Not worth the gas it took MW to get to the store and back.

I'm really praying that there are black Friday sales again this year. I'm already setting aside as much money as I can in the hopes that I can stock up. Still kick myself for not buying some last year.

I like them for small glue ups like laminations where the parallel clamps would get in the way and/or be an overkill. They are dirt cheap, and yeah like others have said, if you really put the squeeze to them, the handle has slipped on a couple. Any time I go to HF and they are on sale (80% of the time), I'll pick up 4 or 5, sometimes as a replacement.

I have several of the Bessey and Jet parallel's but nothing like the inventories I've seen here!

Yep, That's the ones. I bought some similar at Rockler a few months back for twice the price thinking they would be better quality from Rockler. I didn't notice that they didn't have the spring locking clip (for a better description) and I'm ready to chunk em. I should have taken them back.

At HF's price, you can't beat them.

First pic is exactly that, a James Taylor clamp rack, 27 section automated clamp carrier. Not your normal clamps but they are my favorite clamps! I have clamps all over the shop in different places so I have no specific one spot for them. Long clamps get stood up in a corner and I have a bunch in some drawers under my rolling work bench and also my main assembly table. Dustin

post-16352-0-92400700-1416021197_thumb.j

post-16352-0-00678700-1416021668_thumb.j

post-16352-0-01650900-1416021760_thumb.j

• Like 1