CraigsList Gloat

I had put that IFF thing on my phone and got a text about Free Lumber. I sent the lady a email. I just spent the morning loading up the following for free. I think that my shop is going to get walls to go with the new floor. In addition she had two 5 gallons of joint compound and tape. The bottom sheet of drywall has a bit of mold on it but it can be used as place to cut the others later. To whomever posted thanks you saved me a pile of money. I am going to try and exchange the nails at Lowe's where they came from for the type that goes in my nailer and screws for the drywall. Wish me luck.

Here is the drywall we have to go back for the lumber. 

All of this was new and in a garage. She said that Lowe's would not come and get it. She said that the contractor flaked out on her and never showed up. He owes Lowe's for the supplies and she wanted it gone. I called Lowe's and they don't want it back. The manager said that I wouldn't be held accountable for any of it. He also said that they had collections after the contractor.  I went by and got a note from the manage to that effect. Remember to CYA.

From her CraigsList ad

Lots of lumber, all new. Need it gone. 

I have 24 sheets of 3/4'" OSB, approximately 65 new pre cut 2x4's, 28 16' 2x6's, 22 sheets of drywall, along with 2 50 lb boxes of 16 penny nails and several boxes of #8 nails. 

I am afraid that we are going to have to store all this in a stall in our garage. Wife isn't going to be happy about it. 

• Like 1

This woman's ex had gotten a contractor to build a extra bed and bath in their garage space. He never showed up after the two of them spilt up. She hadn't paid him anything and didn't care if her ex had. She just wanted her garage space back. I have used everything that I have gotten from CL. I know that my shop would be fine with painted block walls but by adding framing, more insulation, and drywall there will be less noise going into the house. So when the wood stored about the shop collapses onto me I can scream for hours and no one will hear me except maybe the dogs...Can anyone recommend a good sound reduction insulation. 

The drywall and the osb are what I really needed. I am going to frame and drywall the walls and put in a OSB ceiling. Going to be sweet. I am talking to two of Josh's nephews about helping me get it done. They both want to earn some money to get presents for their girlfriends. One is 18 and the other is 19. They can't find jobs even at McD. They both barely finished high school and the Army won't take them. I hear how things are suppose to be getting better but I don't see it. 

This woman's ex had gotten a contractor to build a extra bed and bath in their garage space. He never showed up after the two of them spilt up. She hadn't paid him anything and didn't care if her ex had. She just wanted her garage space back. I have used everything that I have gotten from CL. I know that my shop would be fine with painted block walls but by adding framing, more insulation, and drywall there will be less noise going into the house. So when the wood stored about the shop collapses onto me I can scream for hours and no one will hear me except maybe the dogs...Can anyone recommend a good sound reduction insulation.

Lmao ! Thank goodness you scored and got some free stuff. I know materials have been tight at the chef house lately ;)