Very Excited

AstroDave

I may be jinxing myself but I just had to share my CL find.  A hit popped up on my automated search for Powermatic.  I am trying to find a good deal on a used Jointer before I pull the trigger on a new one.  Low and behold a PJ-882 shows up that is barely used along with a bunch of new or barely used Powermatic gear, Planer, Bandsaw, Drum Sander and many other woodworking tools, lumber etc.  Called the gentlemen selling them and will be going to see the machines this afternoon so wish me luck.

His story is unfortunate in that he had always wanted to do woodworking when he retired and bought the gear upon retirement only to discover health issues that prevented him from realizing his dream.  Very sad story.  Hopefully I can help him recoup his loss and still get a decent deal as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for the good luck wishes... I am even taking the wife with me...dangerous I know but I don't have a choice :)  The real challenge will be in moving them to my shop...but I will cross that bridge when I get to it...

Mike ... This one came via the generic CL native email notifier.  But I also use cPro https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=craigs.pro.plus&hl=en

Well I visited the gentleman selling the Powermatic stuff and OMG!!! He had a ton of stuff but I was too late for most of the good smaller stuff.  E.G. Hand planes, vises, clamps etc.  The Powermatic jointer had the straight knives and was 3 phase so that was out for me.  However he had a Jet spindle sander, a Powermatic Drill Press, Dewalt Scroll saw, Delta X5 Drum sander and a Delta Grinder that I asked him to give me prices on along with a few small pieces.  He also had a ton "literally" of African Mahogany...some walnut and other wood available as well.  If you live in the DC area I would definitely suggest you check it out.  Here's the original listing on CL for those interested.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/tls/4762938467.html