NFL

TerryMcK

I did consider the Now! TV option but unfortunately you need at least 2mb download speed. As I only get a max of 1.5 that went out the window and I'm sticking with basic freeview. On the brighter side that tends to mean less time watching TV and more either doing something or reading.

I've found the only way to watch most sports is to record it on the DVR and skip through the commercials and other crap. Forward button shoots ahead 30 seconds and reverse button goes backward 10 seconds. I can watch a three hour baseball game in under an hour. I'm not much of a football fan but I do enjoy college basketball. Always watch the I.U. games. Go Hoosiers!

This is how I watch too.  Watching live commercials destroy the momentum. 

Can't do college basketball but really like college football.  

This is my second year following and with so many conferences I just focus on the SEC, the only conference that matters.   :D

I feel your pain Terry!  Welcome to America's favorite place to show commercials!  Frankly, I've found the NFL officiating to be beyond horrible this year!  Beyond that and the never ending commercial break, I'm on the verge of turning it off!

The NFL is atrocious now. The solution is to remove Roger Goodell. He's ruining football!

We do that for everything in the USA, Terry!

Sports, politics, award presentations...   All the same...   Something happens, and then we listen to two talking heads tell us what happened for 8-10x the time it took the original event to take place. 

During the 30 minute explanation of a 2-3 minute event, we are force fed 15 minutes of advertising.   :blink:

We were once in Utah on holiday and stayed in a motel for one night. After an evening meal washed down with a root beer, the only thing worth watching on TV was Star Trek TNG. A normal episode in the UK lasts about 50 minutes as it would be shown on the BBC, no commercials - nothing - zip - just loads of Picard and his buddies. On the channel we were watching in the motel it took a full 2 hours to watch. They were just about to fire phasers and next second we were in a guy's (wearing a big hat saying yall) car lot looking at '92 Toyotas for sale. Then the phasers were fired and we were looking at female apparel with wings!. Then there was an explosion...

Bizarre springs to mind and we were exhausted at the end of the program. Thank heavens in 2014 for XBMC, Netflix and Amazon Prime is all I can say. Video on demand.

We did smuggle some beer over the border from Arizona though so had a trunk full of precious if we felt thirsty ;)