14" bandsaw. Just making sure I cover it all.

bushwacked

I am in a similar situation with wanting to upgrade from my old Jet bandsaw and have been looking very hard at the Laguna 1412.  I have heard nothing but great reviews from other hobbyists.  mmToolShop has it 10% off for $987 until next week.  Would anybody suspect that Woodcraft or Rockler would dip below that price during their black friday sales?

http://lagunabandsaws.com/store/laguna-bandsaws

If you're going to buy something in that list you owe it to yourself to check out the 14 inch craftsman, I have read and been told it is essentially the same Saw as the Rikon. I use a rikon miter gauge and rip fence set on for mine. At 400 bucks it's a steal

Wow this is a significant cost savings compared to the other saws.

Wow this is a significant cost savings compared to the other saws.

I got mine for 349.00 it did not come with a miter gauge or fence, I ordered a Rikon fence with the resaw attachment and a miter gauge from Amazon for less than 100.00. I am no cabinet maker but am very happy with it. Are there things it will not do, sure but you can find the limitations in anything, my zx11 will only run about 189 mph and that makes me mad because it should break 200

I am in a similar situation with wanting to upgrade from my old Jet bandsaw and have been looking very hard at the Laguna 1412.  I have heard nothing but great reviews from other hobbyists.  mmToolShop has it 10% off for $987 until next week.  Would anybody suspect that Woodcraft or Rockler would dip below that price during their black friday sales?

http://lagunabandsaws.com/store/laguna-bandsaws

I know one of the Rockler guys and he told me that Jet and PM and Supermax pretty much hold their feet to the fire about further discounts.

Everyone is recommending the 14 12 lately and it seems like one in ten people recommend in it have stood within 10 feet of one not sure if everyone is just parroting the same review or what . Correct me if I'm wrong....

I own one, so I've been closer than ten feet away from it, and that's why I can recommend it.

There have been numerous positive reviews from reliable sources and zero negative reviews that I'm aware of.  So yeah, people will start recommending a machine based on consensus even if they've never personally used a particular tool.  You got a problem with that?

I suppose my problem stems from the suggestion when someone is asking for opinions on machines that are usually half the price of a 14 12.my thread was a prime example of this . And alas the person in that thread hadn't used one. I wasnt refererring to you I know you own one however With all due respect I can't recommend someone make a purchase so big if i haven't actually used the equipment myself. I can see someone posting links to others that are qualified or have used them but the truth is every time a 14 inch bandsaw thread comes up people are flooding the person with laguna sometimes before they even know the person's needs.

I own one, so I've been closer than ten feet away from it, and that's why I can recommend it.

There have been numerous positive reviews from reliable sources and zero negative reviews that I'm aware of. So yeah, people will start recommending a machine based on consensus even if they've never personally used a particular tool. You got a problem with that?

I suppose my problem stems from the suggestion when someone is asking for opinions on machines that are usually half the price of a 14 12.my thread was a prime example of this . And alas the person in that thread hadn't used one either. With all due respect I can't recommend someone make a purchase so big if i haven't actually used the equipment myself. I can see someone posting links to others that are qualified or have used them but the truth is every time a 14 inch bandsaw thread comes up people are flooding the person with laguna sometimes before they even know the person's needs.