Completing the Humidor without Table Saw - ideas?

HunterL

Hey everyone, I'm starting the Humidor, but I've just recently gotten rid of my table saw. I do have a TS75 track saw, and I'm hoping I can accomplish the tasks in this project with the track saw and router.

Did any of you do this without a table saw? If not, do your prolific imaginations have any good ideas for ways to accomplish the various tasks involved in the build? I know it will be a lot slower of a process as setting up cuts will take longer and such, but my situation is reality and I don't want that to stop me. Thanks!

You could do it with a hand saw but far easier with a table saw. There is another method you could use if you have a router table. Just get yourself an 1/8" bit and set for shallow cuts. Then you can use the handsaw to break through and finish with a block plane on lid and bottom.

I don't think the tracksaw is a good idea.

• Like 2

Well, I'm on active duty in the Army and I need (want) to keep myself mobile, since I will be moving often. I wasn't all that happy with my ridgid, so I'm hoping I can find a deal on something with one of those job site carts underneath. I don't know if there's any quality saws fitting that description.

Believe me, I've regretted it multiple times in the last few days. I'm

We appreciate the sacrifices you and your family make for our protection and security.

Thank you sir for your service!

Hunter, pm me when you get the humidor completed and I will send you some good smokes to put in it.

Ken

My pleasure, thanks for the kind words. Looks like I need to buy a new table saw first!

Ya I did go for the mobile base, and I'm excited for it to come in, only another day to wait.

I decided that I wanted something with better dust collection, first of all. The pain I had with my old contractor saw in that regard soured me on contractor saws, as well as some alignment issues I had. So I started looking into used Cabinet saws on craigslist, all of which I found to be too large for my purposes. I move alot, and I've convinced myself that this "hybrid" on a mobile base would allow me to do that with less pain than larger saws.

In the end, it's a big upgrade for me, and the relatively low price, dust collection, and solid reviews sealed the deal for me.