What's On Your Woodworking Christmas List?

Nobody ever knows what to get me because I buy everything that I want, and I'm very particular about what I buy. When asked this year what I wanted or what I need. Here was my answer, "CLAMPS, either jorgensen or bessey, preferably in bar form, either F style or parallel. If that's too confusing, sandpaper, 6" Festool hole pattern. These are things I find myself having issues buying, because I'm out of my damn mind. 

What kinds of things do you generally find you could use more of but yet you buy something else?

Fuji Mini-Mite 4

Big ass lathe and a place to put it

Shelix cutterheads for my planer and jointer

Overhead DC system for my TS

RO 90

Domino XL and tenon assortment systainer

I expect to receive none of these for Christmas if I don't buy them myself...which I just might do. :) ...well, one or two of them anyway.

My grandson and I have spent the last month convincing the boss that she needs to put my shop back where she found it when I was hospitalized. If that happens I want hand planes and or chisels. Would like to learn at least some hand work.

I cannot wait for PB to start a thread for hand tool recommendations, he may just break the forum back-end completely! :D

• Like 1

My list has links and prices so that I get exactly what I want if they're going to buy it for me.

I have a bunch of less expensive stuff on my list that I purposely don't buy so that it's there for my list.  If I don't get it for Christmas, then I'll go buy it.

Things like anti-fatigue mats, glue bots, etc..

• Like 1

Fuji Mini-Mite 4

Big ass lathe and a place to put it

Shelix cutterheads for my planer and jointer

Overhead DC system for my TS

RO 90

Domino XL and tenon assortment systainer

I expect to receive none of these for Christmas if I don't buy them myself...which I just might do. :) ...well, one or two of them anyway.

Get the MM4 - you won't regret it! 

Is there a hand version of the shaper :)

Yep

http://davidbarronfurniture.blogspot.com/2014/03/wonderful-old-moulding-planes.html

My list is:

1. some waterstones to augment my current collection

2. saw sets, I'm going to attemt to sharpen my own hand saws

3. a new PR router for the table (the current one is about done, as it's about 8 years old)

4. A JET JWL-1221VS (I don't think I will get this though)

I just signed a contract to have heat installed in my garage/shop.  Told my wife it is better for the cars to be in a heated garage.  she agreed.  Maybe that is my early christmas present. 

Unless she says she wants her car in the garage at all times, then you will be counting the days till spring.  :blink:

Warm weather.

Good luck with that...if you live in the Midwest anyway.  From what I hear, it's gonna be a brutally cold winter.  My local news weather dude is the only guy in the country who can actually predict weather.  He does seasonal forecasts and he's almost always right.  He says cold.  It's gonna be cold.  Time to pick up a heater!

I have a trim router in there as well, though I am thinking I really want the MFK700. It would make for routing bindings for a guitar much more pleasant.  The problem is this year I expanded my tools by an ungodly amount. In the last year I upgraded and added the following power tools

6" Craftsman Bench top jointer (SOLD) Upgraded to an 8" Grizzly Shelix jointer

Jet 1014 Mini Lathe (SOLD) Upgraded to Jet 1642EVS Lathe

Jet JWTS10 1.5 HP Contractor saw (SOLD) Upgraded to Jet JTAS 10 3HP Cabinet Saw

Dremel 1680 Scroll Saw (SOLD) Upgraded to Dewalt 788 Scroll Saw

Grizzly G1148 15" Bandsaw (SOLD) Upgraded to Rikon 10-325

WorkSharp 3000 (SOLD) Upgraded to Tormek T-7 and a bunch of accessories

Added Dewalt 735X Planer

Added Festool CT48

Added Festool ETS 150/3

Added Kreg Router Table with Porter Cable 7518

Warning... Don't start adding up the things you bought this year, makes you think about how much you actually spent.

I have a lot of things on my Christmas list since I am finally in a postion in my life that I can afford to buy things to make a shop. Most everything on my list is small things for othere people to buy me like clamps, safety gear, chisels, Forstner bits, I have a lot of stuff. I am also asking for a Dewalt 735X Planer, but I think I will have to buy that one for myself.