What's On Your Woodworking Christmas List?

My list has links and prices so that I get exactly what I want if they're going to buy it for me.

I have a bunch of less expensive stuff on my list that I purposely don't buy so that it's there for my list.  If I don't get it for Christmas, then I'll go buy it.

Things like anti-fatigue mats, glue bots, etc..

Kev, check out the Craftsman from Sears mats before you buy

• Like 1

I have a trim router in there as well, though I am thinking I really want the MFK700. It would make for routing bindings for a guitar much more pleasant.  The problem is this year I expanded my tools by an ungodly amount. In the last year I upgraded and added the following power tools

6" Craftsman Bench top jointer (SOLD) Upgraded to an 8" Grizzly Shelix jointer

Jet 1014 Mini Lathe (SOLD) Upgraded to Jet 1642EVS Lathe

Jet JWTS10 1.5 HP Contractor saw (SOLD) Upgraded to Jet JTAS 10 3HP Cabinet Saw

Dremel 1680 Scroll Saw (SOLD) Upgraded to Dewalt 788 Scroll Saw

Grizzly G1148 15" Bandsaw (SOLD) Upgraded to Rikon 10-325

WorkSharp 3000 (SOLD) Upgraded to Tormek T-7 and a bunch of accessories

Added Dewalt 735X Planer

Added Festool CT48

Added Festool ETS 150/3

Added Kreg Router Table with Porter Cable 7518

Warning... Don't start adding up the things you bought this year, makes you think about how much you actually spent.

I couldn't think of doing that. Starting 14 months ago I have turned my empty two car garage into a wonderfully functional woodshop but it's been ungodly expensive.

My list ln or veritas shoulder Plane. Low angle jack plane from ln. Also weighing another planer upgrade . Not sure though.

On my list to buy for myself:  The SawStop jobsite saw, which was announced on FWW's ShopTalk Live last week.   I need all of my power tools to be portable so I can move them out of the way for boat building, so I haven't been in a position to buy a SawStop.  Now I can.  A gift for myself and my hands.

I really only asked for one thing on my woodworking list this year. LN LAJ plane. Other than that, I am in desperate need of underwear and socks. It seems the underpants gnomes have been coming very frequently this year. I have no idea where they all go.

But, on a non-woodworking note, I will be getting a new 55" LED TV for the living room this year. There are some good Thanksgiving deals that do NOT require you to wait in those lines.

underpants-gnomes.jpg

I just listened to that podcast this morning.  couple thoughts... I nearly choked on the $1300 price for a job site saw... but when you hear some of the features they are building in, it sounds more festool than ryobi.  The blade tilt sounds pretty cool.   I am sure there will be some naysayers, but history being a guide sales will beat expectations.  Political garbage aside, I respect the fact that they want to focus on building quality machines.  A $500 sawstop would save a whole lot more fingers than a $1300 sawstop but they are in business to make money and don't want to do big box distribution... I can't really blame them for that.     

I agree - I was hoping it would be in the $999 or less category, but if I cut a finger off I am going to kick myself over the $300.  I mentioned this saw to my wife and she wholeheartedly agreed to the purchase, and she hasn't been too psyched about tool purchases to date.

For Christmas, I want 5 people from this forum to come to SC and help me reorganize and dejunk my shop.  Just any 5 won't do.

I want 5 of you who are wired so tight that your wives are glad to get rid of you for a few days.  I'm looking for you who can't sleep because there's one piece of sandpaper out of place in your shop......I'm looking the one who'll tear a project SLAM APART because of one small coloration defect in a unseen panel that's forever hidden.......I'M TALKING ABOUT 5 OF YOU WHO'D BE CRAZY AS LOONS WITHOUT FINE WOODWORKING, CAMERA CREW COMING, MEGA ORGANIZATION IN YOUR SHOP...If you're one of my 5 who keeps everything sharp, floor vacuumed, everything put in its place............YOU'RE what I want for Christmas.  I read this to my wife and she said if I don't completely make you snatch your head bald, she can use you some too!!!