look what the mailman just brought

Raefco

Don't get me wrong, I love good tools, but I really love good power tools. I have a couple nice Ol vintage planes because sometimes shavings are better than dust but more times then not its because it won't fit in the plainer or its to awkward to run across the jointer.

@ 30 bucks it just had to come live with me...

You're making a mistake... a big one..... Once you start loving that plane, there will be more of them,,, and you'll become addicted.... Trust me, I'm in sandpaper rehab right now. From there I go to the clamp halfway house.....  Nice start  down a very deep hole!

I've been thru those places!

• Like 1

I had not tried to use a plane since I was in 7th grade and the project was a name plate made with nothing but planes and files. I made the round table a couple months ago and I bought a Record #4 1/2 at a flea market to rough in the top and base. I then bought the little beauty above. I have started the next project. I took all the board to the same thickness all with a power planer but i could not get them really flat so I had a little experiment of my own, I took the belt sander to one and my humble team of planes to the other…

10372343_802368553137655_288257001650177

this one has seen nothing but the 2 planes in the top of the pic since gluing, i did wipe it down with some mineral spirits

10155634_802368483137662_286275983454257

the one on the right got the belt and the other is waiting, Im not so sure the plane is not faster< i know its a lot less dusty

Oh MY GOD, I just done it again, someone please help me. 

To late!   Say goodbye to sanity.   Next it'll be a #71..Then a #130... then a #4 1/2.... Them a #78..... You'll start to hate yourself. The only intervention that will work is when your banker cuts you off!   Remenber while you're in rehab that chisels might be interesting!

To late!   Say goodbye to sanity.   Next it'll be a #71..Then a #130... then a #4 1/2.... Them a #78..... You'll start to hate yourself. The only intervention that will work is when your banker cuts you off!   Remenber while you're in rehab that chisels might be interesting!

I have a nice vintage #4 1/2 it's the one that started this, I could see a rabbit plane #78 being useful 

• 2 weeks later...