What's a fair price for clamps?

Jorgy's aren't the highest quality clamps, IMO.  He's asking WAY too much.  I wouldn't even bother arguing with someone who is so removed from reality.  This close to Black Friday I'd hold off and find some slammin' deals on Jets or Besseys.  Watch Amazon...the sales are coming.

• Like 1

I agree with Eric - hold off for the sales. That guy is offering them at less than 15% below new. Bearing in mind that you have no way of knowing how they may have been abused that is seriously silly money. For an extra $26 you get all the protection of having a new item (assuming you have something similar to items being of merchantable quality over there). Buy them used and if they fall apart the first time you use them then you end up with very expensive plant supports.

In another thread regarding clamps it was said that the Jet sale is likely going to be across most retailers including Amazon.  I just left my local Woodcraft and tried to put my dibs in a bunch but they wouldn't go for it.  So I will be there bright and early Friday just in case.

Here's the post I was referencing...

Tho

Saw these at Home Depot today. If anyone needs small F style clamps, that's a good price. 2 6" and 2 12" Bessey F clamps. Wonder if Black Friday clamp sales will be good. 

Those are the crappy Chinese Besseys...  Those have smaller diameter handles, a manual release, and a different thread pattern than the genuine Tradesman clamps.  They're Harbor Freight clamps with better paint.

THESE are the real deal, I haven't seen the good ones in home centers.   I have both versions.

My CL rule of thumb is  1/3rd the price of new but I am c Scot and we are known as cheap b*stards. 

Ditto.  McLeod ancestors.  We even named out Toyota Highlander "Duncan."

For the same reason I got my 24" @ Harbor Freight instead of HD.

Did you hear the one about the Englishman, the German, and the Scot who were in a tavern ... (SFW)

Tho

Those are the crappy Chinese Besseys...  Those have smaller diameter handles, a manual release, and a different thread pattern than the genuine Tradesman clamps.  They're Harbor Freight clamps with better paint.

THESE are the real deal, I haven't seen the good ones in home centers.   I have both versions.

The 6" versions of those are available for only $11 at peachtree woodworking.  They work extremely well and despite it's small size they work well for many clamping needs.

The 6" versions of those are available for only $11 at peachtree woodworking.  They work extremely well and despite it's small size they work well for many clamping needs.

I'm local to both Coastal and Tools-Plus, and have been dealing with them since the '80s, and both are often cheaper in-store. I don't know if it's related to certain tool brands or distributors having a minimum advertised price policy, or that both stores seeming to do most of their business in-person.  I tossed up that page to illustrate the different construction of the genuine Tradesman vs. the "other" version. 

Several years ago, I unfortunately got sucked into 4 each of 6", 12", and 18" of the Chinese "other" version by a Rockler catalog sale.  I saw the picture, didn't realize that Bessey made another version, and assumed it was a killer price.  I didn't really notice the differences until I started to use them.  After having both for years, I greatly prefer the German-made Tradesman for most jobs. 

The Chinese version is OK, but I don't see a reason to pay for the Bessey name on them over a typical Harbor Freight or Grizzly Chinese F-clamp.

Tho

Noob question here. How do you tell the difference when ordering online?