How do you "make your mark"

rodger.

Do you do any of your woodworking left-handed and has it impacted your tool/bench/etc choices?  I do fine motor skills (writing, eating with a spoon, etc) left-handed but am otherwise right-handed (play all sports right-handed but am substantially better left-handed than the average right-hander would be if he tried).  I do sometimes get confused with tools as to which hand should go where because of it.

I do everything left-handed, in fact my right hand is pretty useless.  :D

This left hand right hand thing has me intrigued.  I am left handed but quite the novice woodworker at this point.  It will be interesting to see how it impacts my process.  I guess it makes sense that many tools might favor right handed operation.  I certainly have adapted over the past 57 years to a right handed world so I hope this will be no different.  I am think that bench orientation might be one area that would be impacted... Any advice/suggestions from lefties out there?

Tens years in the trades got me swinging left handed and I was pretty left handicapped. Planing big stuff has me alternating. Small stuff trends right handed. Shop guys "tend" to work strong handed and site guys "tend" to work both. No absolutes. If you are struggling with a skill, intentionally practice it off handed. The mirrored brain reinforcement is huge in physical activity.

Bench orientation depends on which hand you plane with...when you plane, which hand is on the tote?  Right hand on the tote means tail vise on right of bench and leg vise on left.  Left hand on tote means vice-versa.

I do it both ways...things like that my body can never decide.   One of the worst activities for me is tennis or other racquet sports...I will switch hands constantly to favor forehands and other such nonsense.

I am only posting to show how much restraint I have at times. This is tee'd up so sweetly, yet I'm just going to let it sit there and not say a word.

:D

I'm big on equal opportunity...sometimes I put my left foot in my mouth...sometimes my right...sometimes both.  Well played sir.

• Like 1

Do you do any of your woodworking left-handed and has it impacted your tool/bench/etc choices?  I do fine motor skills (writing, eating with a spoon, etc) left-handed but am otherwise right-handed (play all sports right-handed but am substantially better left-handed than the average right-hander would be if he tried).  I do sometimes get confused with tools as to which hand should go where because of it.

I write right handed, play golf righty, putt lefty or righty, play hockey left, eat lefty or righty, turn lefty or righty though I favor my left hand be at the tool rest. I'm an ambidextrous mess.