Almost as satisfying as punching me in the face

wouldwurker

If you ever wanted to punch me, here's the next best thing - watching me get my &$$ kicked. 

I did a lot of boxing before I got into woodworking.  Below are highlights of a sparring session in which I:

- got 2 black eyes 0.38

- broke my nose, 1.22

- and broke 3 ribs. 1.35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl5rx3eAuQ&list=UUMlcXJxlagHbsPyGyoCq1Jg

If blood makes you queasy, you may want to skip this one.

• Like 1

Looks painful. Getting hit in the nose is no fun. At least you learned stuff. 

I did Tae Kwon Do for many years, sparring was fun with the exception that there was this one guy that couldn't kick very high, but just enough that his big toe would somehow manage to sneak its way under your cup and hit you in the nuts. It was uncanny how it always happened. Nobody wanted to spar Jake and his sack kicking toe.

On a side, best be was right at the end of the vid. As soon as it ended there was a pretty little wooden toy in the next vid. The contrast was gold!

Talk about craft, that's a craft! Well done for sticking it out. I did TKD for 4 years and I always found the actual sparring exhausting and hard to get the right mindset. Me don't like fighting.

• 1 month later...

My closest friend is a pro MMA fighter (UFC) and I also train with him at the same gym. It's amazing the amount of technique that goes into fighting. The smallest details are the difference between winning and losing. Most "bar fights" are won on dumb luck. And the difference between hobbyists like myself and the pros like my buddy is huge.

In sure I have a video or two of him wiping the floor with my ass. I'm going to have to look around.