Garage shop air filter .. A smaller one?

bushwacked

Well I'm in an apartment with a 1 car garage ... I would guess about 200 sq ft max since I have not measured it exactly yet.

I was thinking of picking up some kind of filter to help with the small particles and clean air as much as possible without having a nice good one since it won't work in the apartment garage.

9365d5db26a3b164137041e88c9c87e8.jpg

62324d9fa7532b0d3b45e108553b2bf7.jpg

Is something like this worth it or should I somehow figure out how to get something like the Jet? Which I am planning on getting when we finally move into a house in hopefully a year or so.

9872ba25de9b27f1d2da7684296d8e21.jpg

Once finished. I am assuming always on while making dust, 3-4 volumetric circulation after you stop making dust.

Edit: read this as a reasonable guess. This is not professional consultation. I assume floaters need te to settle and that some air circulates twice before other air makes it around once.

This is what I have setup now. Have it on number three speed which is the fastest. Will the fan motor get hot with the filter on it stoping some airflow getting through and making it work harder? I think an hour or so is good for a one time run so I don't burn out the motor. Then let it rest and run again for an hour after it cools down for a couple.

ee76065973c697aac0126726d5a187a9.jpg

0d3dd61c8043cc633fc2990982cca07b.jpg

I use the same set up in my 3 car garage (except I used a regular cheapy pleated paper filter).... I was working on purpleheart and was amazed at the color in the filter after leaving it on for a few hours after I worked one night.  I also started doing my ROS work with the fan on the bench top right next to the sanding.  Helped cut down the dust a lot.

Jeff in KC

I use the same set up in my 3 car garage (except I used a regular cheapy pleated paper filter).... I was working on purpleheart and was amazed at the color in the filter after leaving it on for a few hours after I worked one night.  I also started doing my ROS work with the fan on the bench top right next to the sanding.  Helped cut down the dust a lot.

Jeff in KC

does your fan motor get really hot after a couple hours?

I just dont want it to burn up and catch fire in the garage when I am not around 

If I spray paint something small in the basement, I'll set the fan horazontal on 4 block facing down, set a wire rack over it, line the fan with a layer of paper towels and sand or paint away..

I have never noticed mine even getting warm, I normaly run it on a lower speed

>>>>>I just dont want it to burn up and catch fire in the garage when I am not around

I recommend against leaving it unattended. It will likely be okay, but why would you? Just err on the side of caution and turn it off when you leave the shop.

My garage shop only has 1 outlet so if I am running any tools there goes the outlet. That's the only problem