What is your day driver?

wtnhighlander

wdwerker,

Here ya go.......

2003 E 150 full size Ford van with 91,000 miles.

LOVE it!  Will carry full size sheets of plywood and lumber up to 10' long and can leave material overnight if necessary with safety from weather and/or theft.

Will carry any and store most all my tools if I had to do it.

That's the key and a huge difference between that and an SUV...we have an SUV but can't even come close to getting a full sheet of ply... With no non-driver passengers and all seats down, I could maybe get 8' lumber or a sheet ripped into two 2x8 halves...but it would take some serious Tetris.    I have to rent a truck to bring stuff home. =(

Not many vans showing up. I always wanted to be able to keep my tools and materials secured and dry. I guess an SUV counts sort of.

The avalanche works for that. I can carry a stack of sheet goods, and several boards up to 12' long, all dry and under cover. Then take off the bed civer when I need to carry tall stuff. Been the most useful vehicle I ever owned.

Suprisingly my honda minivan will hold full sheets of 8x4 plywood flat.  I've had a guy stop and watch in disbelief after I slid in sheet after sheet. 

Whoa...mind = blown.  The downside of course is that you have a minivan...which is still....well, still a minivan.

For when a well refined modern vehicle is not fun for quick rides around the neighborhood. My dad has always been a car guy we share several cars though it's more his interest than mine.

54 Pontiac Star Chief

75 Corvette Stingray

1923 Model T Ford (I'm looking forward to this restoration as the entire interior and "cab" of the vehicle is made from ash and needs to be replaced.)

1975_corvette_001.jpg

• Like 1

01 Cavalier. L4 quad 4, 271,000 miles +

Thought I was going to hold the mileage record for a bit, but that blows me out if the water. Seriously, 4 MILLION + miles? In a CAVALIER?????

Oh, I just noticed there is actually a space after the 4 and the comma. That had me worried, thinking you had been driving nearly 40 mph 24/7/365 since they day that car rolled off the assembly line!

Thought I was going to hold the mileage record for a bit, but that blows me out if the water. Seriously, 4 MILLION + miles? In a CAVALIER?????

Oh, I just noticed there is actually a space after the 4 and the comma. That had me worried, thinking you had been driving nearly 40 mph 24/7/365 since they day that car rolled off the assembly line!

Sorry about that. I thought I would mention the motor (L4 quad 4) because it is at 271,000 and change without a rebuild. Factory head gasket etc. A little unusual for such an unsung car.