Shop Protection

Coop

I've just got a pistol and need to go to the range. But my niece has quite the arsenal and she goes shooting w her man frequently. She prefers to have a gun stashed in a handy but hard to find or stumble across position. She wants to build a secret drawer into a shelf one day in my shop . No telling when it will happen.

I'll flip you the name of the one I have. 4-5 digits and it pops open at an angle, ready to to draw. Probably quicker than opening a drawer, and grabbing a firearm that's on its side.

Plus, it's safer to keep it cocked and locked in it, than in a drawer..

plus..bad guys trying to steal stuff out of your shop won't find a gun and get more ideas about their visit.

What is the make and model. That might be the way to go.

I've just got a pistol and need to go to the range. But my niece has quite the arsenal and she goes shooting w her man frequently. She prefers to have a gun stashed in a handy but hard to find or stumble across position. She wants to build a secret drawer into a shelf one day in my shop . No telling when it will happen.

What did you get?

I don't need any weapons in my shop.  Any one who tries to get in will likely trip over some crap on the floor and hit their head on cast iron.  I call it strategic defensive disorderliness.  

I have a Woodriver Mortiser that I've only used once or twice and it sits on the floor in a corner of my shop. Last nite I went to use it, and I'm on my knees bending down to loosened the set screw that is used to adjust the depth and the damn thing sliped downward with the long handle hitting me in the side of the head. I thought then that I'm my own worse enemy!