Monitor for Mac (and/or PC)

TerryMcK

As I don't have bottomless pockets to buy a hideously expensive Apple monitor for my MacBook Air and my main PC monitor (A Dell 19" that works enough to go into the shop) had just given up the ghost (USB bits had failed), after nearly 10 years, I decided to buy myself a pre Christmas present. I've just bought a Samsung S27C350HS 27" LED monitor with DSub VGA input and HDMI input. It was on offer on Amazon for £165 of your British pounds (probably US and Canadian Woodtalkers could get it for the same in dollars - have a look).

I also bought a Thunderbolt to HDMI cable for £7 GBP too. Needless to say I ordered both on Amazon Prime at 1600 on Thursday and both arrived at 8AM the next morning Friday.

Connecting up was easy as the cables were already there and it has an external power supply that you put under the table. I have the HDMI cable coiled up just coming out of the monitor ready to plug into the Mac. The PC is already connected and there is a little joystick switch underneath the monitor to select which one you want. The video quality is absolutely superb and I can now edit my Final Cut Pro movies on a huge screen instead of trying to peer at the relatively small MacBook laptop screen.

On the PC you can view two full pages of a word document at the same time.

I might even be able to get rid of my glasses for computer work. Sure it is not a retina display but hey I've saved enough to buy some woodworking gear.

Thats cool and thanks for the info, I find myself needing bigger pictures or longer arms, I have a ASUS gaming laptop laying on the desk in my home office, the led screen quit  just after the warranty expired. I may have to look at hooking up an external monitor, never even give it a thought. I was considering selling it for parts since I told the daughter to take it some where and here it sill lies.