Anti Fatigue Mats

Mzdadoc

That one looks like it would last longer than the foam puzzle squares, but it also looks like it has a bit stiffer topcoat on it.  I wonder if that will get a bit slick when there's a layer of fine sawdust on top of it.  

Time will tell..  Would be nice to test drive them first!

How heavy are those, Kev?  Seem pretty durable?  Considering putting one in front of my bench.  I had cheap ones scattered around the shop at one point but they got in the way so much I just tossed 'em in the trash one day.

Don't know yet Eric..  Ask me on Christmas morning or I'll be accused of being a package peeker ;) 

I know the price was good and it's a good size.   Also, the reviews were good. 

Anyone able to tell me how to link it?

Otherwise it's the Wilmar W88989 Diamond Shape Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats 6 interlocking squares 2' X 2' 3/8" thick. They got good reviews.

$23.42

Just copy the URL and paste it in

As kev says, the simplest way is to paste the url into the reply box.  that will yield this:  http://www.amazon.com/Wilmar-W88989-Diamond-Anti-Fatigue-Interlocking/dp/B000IZ9C9M

Or here are some steps if you'd rather have some descriptive text to the link like so: anti-fatigue mat

1. type your descriptive text and highlight it.

post-15737-0-61365300-1418757420_thumb.j

2. click the Link icon on the icon bar.

post-15737-0-98301600-1418757420_thumb.j

3. A little popup will appear.  paste in your link in the box as shown

post-15737-0-32241500-1418757421_thumb.j

4. it will now add the link to your descriptive text

Anyone able to tell me how to link it?

Otherwise it's the Wilmar W88989 Diamond Shape Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats 6 interlocking squares 2' X 2' 3/8" thick. They got good reviews.

$23.42

http://www.amazon.com/Wilmar-W88989-Diamond-Anti-Fatigue-Interlocking/dp/B000IZ9C9M/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1418757258&sr=8-10&keywords=anti+fatigue+mat#customerReviews

edit... I should have been more instructive like Bill sorry... As they say  "teach a man to fish"

Oh and I ordered 3 sets myself...

All the puzzle piece mats I have gotten have a bad tendency to come apart at the worst possible time. I also found it took 2 layers to provide a decent amount of cushion to stand on 8+ hours a day.

The horse stall mats are about 3/4" thick and do not slip and slide but they don't have much cushion either.

5/8 to 3/4" thick cushion mats seem to be the best.

I searched high and low, Lowes, Rockler, etc.. Even bought some from Rockler (not the style Kev has, his looks much heavier) and ended taking them back. I found some at Sears, Craftsman and bought one. They worked so well, I bought 3 more. That was about 18 months ago and they still look like they'll last several more years. And I spend almost all of my time in the shop barefooted.

My Stanley mat was stupid expensive, but the best 40ish bucks I ever spent. Plus, it sweeps and vacuums up quite nicely (by vacuum, I mean that my robot Roomba can move over it) No other mat I've stepped on feels as nice on my tootsies.

Edit: here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Utility-24-Inch-Long-36-Inch/dp/B00EJ9PVFM

So, was it my recommendation that convinced you, Doc? If so, I expect a cut of the money you'll save on medical bills.

My shop would eat a Roomba alive.  BTW, did you know these mats wear out after a while.  I had a really nice one I bought at Craft Suppliers in front of my bench.  It was a huge 36x60" size.  I loved it and in the last year have been feeling that cement weary feeling again.  This was odd because I've actually lost quite a bit of weight and gotten in better shape (something I blamed the pain on before).  So I broke down and bought a new matt, same one, thinking I could alway use another one somewhere else in the shop.  It is a night and day difference and it occured to me, why wouldn't they wear out.  Shoes wear out right?  This is the one thing that has kept me away from the more "permanent" solution of puzzle flooring.  Even then I'm still tempted because it looks so neat and tidy...especially in rainbow colors!

Just to throw another idea out there, I was introduced to a running shoe that has changed mine and my knees life.  They are made by Brooks and are called Beasts.  They are a shoe specifically designed for people that weigh more then 175 and I fall way into that category.  I have been able to do some jogging, something I was unable to do for years.  After having success at that I decided to get a second pair for everyday wear.  Besides doing a lot of wood working, I also own a small trophy shop so I spend a pretty large amount of time each day standing and these shoe do their job. This is the only shoe of this type, running jogging, sneaker, what ever you want to call it, I will purchase.  I was constantly looking at mats for the floor but haven't even thought about it since I got these shoes.  My one real recommendation, if one were to decide to try these is to find a reparable running shoe store with knowledgable people that carrys them so you can get fitted properly, it makes a difference.  Another nice thing is they have half sizes beyond 11 1/2 and multiple widths.  Once you get a proper fit then you can just order online in the future.  The Brooks Beast go for about $120 a pair but you can spend that much on mats and if you are a cluts like me it eliminate tripping over the edge of the mats.  Any way just an idea.