INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge

Keggers

I've been debating with myself whether to buy a new miter saw or a new miter gauge for my table saw. I opted for the Incra 1000 HD through Amazon. With my Amazon credit card earnings I was only out of pocket $66.00 and got free shipping. I've never owned an Incra product but the miter gauge has great reviews on Amazon.

I still have a slight urge to buy a new 12" sliding miter saw. Will be at Grizzly this weekend and I just might have to look over their offerings.

AWESOME! I love Incra stuff. I've got the Miter1000SE that I picked up at an auction for 60 bucks brand new, as well as the Incra Miter 5000 sled. Take your time setting it up and dial it in just right and it's "dead on balls accurate" (that's an industry term) The HD has the same resolution at the 5000. If you miter a lot you'll love it. Easy, repeatable, accurate, well made. It's an indispensable accessory for a tablesaw, bandsaw, router table, etc. Incra makes things even sweeter where you can use the 1000HD with the Miter Express and convert it into a sled in seconds, and back to a standard gauge.  

I should have the miter gauge next week. Spoke to my Grizzly salesman in Springfield yesterday and was told they do have the Makita 12" SCMS in stock. I'm probably going to drop the hammer on it and bring it home. I'm interested in seeing what changes they've made since I bought my Makita 10" model.

The miter gauge was delivered Monday. It's still in the box. I just haven't had time to open it and won't until after Christmas. Hopefully there won't be an extensive setup required.

Had a good visit at Grizzly both Saturday and Monday -  on our way to and from Branson. I played with the Makita miter saw for a while and opted not to buy it. Great looking saw but chose to buy new bandsaw blades and a few other items I was needing. I'll just keep using my Makita 10" until it dies and then decide which is best for me -  another Makita but 12" or a Festool Kapex.

I finally found time to mess with my new miter gauge. Putting it together and adjusting it to the table saw miter slot was a breeze. I read what was necessesary to square the gauge to the blade and decided to make a test cut first to see how far the gauge was out. I was pleasantly surprised to find the cross cut was dead on square to the edges. No adjustment needed. It's a great little tool!

• Like 1