new planer and very weird story

Dnorris1369

I was here and still dont believe it .  I got home early today and was cleaning up my shop.  Moving stuff outside and all to clean good.  I even took my dewalt planer outside and set it on the ground to blow it out and clean the cart i have it sitting on.  So then comes the ups man with my black friday order from bell forest.  Love that discount.  Sure just back up to the shop to make it easier to unload.  How is it possible he crushed my planer.  I still cant believe it and i was standing there guiding him up.  Not to mention he is a good friend of mine.  I am crushed right now cause i have been saving money for a jointer and now i have to replace planer.  Really didnt wanna break out 600 for a planer im even thinking about picking up a ridgid to replace it.  what u guys think

It's kinda hard to blame the driver if he was guiding him.  If your homeowners insurance deductible is less than the planer then i'd try that route.  If they deny you then perhaps you can use your auto insurance and say you backed into it yourself?  Auto covers if you wreck someone else's property.. i assume it would work if you wrecked your own?.  Granted, the deductible probably makes it less worthwhile though.

You may also be able to sell the parts that weren't damaged on ebay/craigslist to make up some of the cost to buy the replacement.  Or perhaps you could buy parts to repair yours?

lol not quite  there goes my jointer money.  does anyone have any experience with a cheaper lunchbox than the dewalt  ??  or should i just go back with little yellow

Yes, there are cheaper ones..  I have the Grizzly and it's been good to me but, must admit, as soon as it dies it will be replaced with the 735..

I couldn't wait. Too many Xmas gifts to finish. Went and replaced mine today

Congrats on having a quick replacement, even though it's likely still a bummer.  What model did you go with?  Perhaps you can provide a comparison review between your old and new planer once you've had a chance to try it out for a bit.