My Plan for 2015

HunterL

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not, but here's my plan for the year 2015, as I plan to track these projects in this forum.

It has been a turbulent year for us personally, and we just moved into a house of our own with a one car garage. Luckily for me, I was able to outfit the garage as best I know how, with some serious upgrades. The biggest upgrade was the addition of a Grizzly G0715P 2HP Hybrid saw. Some other upgrades include a used Rikon 14" bandsaw, lumber rack, and some Green Koolaid to include an MFT/3 and track saw. (Process of moving tools to new shop) post-16411-0-84538300-1418829462_thumb.j

Now that I am moved in, I am ready to finish up some Christmas gifts and start focusing on furniture builds for next year. My build list for 2015 in priority order is short, but I plan to take my time and enjoy the process.

1) 2014 Christmas Gifts - I'll post some pictures I have now, and before I wrap them up, but here's what I made:

• End Grain Cutting Board - Black Walnut/Hard Maple post-16411-0-84570700-1418829099_thumb.j
  • Edge Grain Cutting Board - Sapele, Curly Maple, Purpleheart post-16411-0-99924800-1418829841_thumb.j
  • Redwood Burl Bowl finished with Tru Oil post-16411-0-62765300-1418829461_thumb.j
  • Claro Walnut Bowl finished with Tru Oil post-16411-0-25835200-1418829081_thumb.j
  • Razor, Stand, and Brush (kit from LV) in Padauk, CA finish post-16411-0-72332600-1418830034_thumb.j
  • Bananna hanging stand (affectionately called the "bananna hammock") in Curly Maple post-16411-0-36093000-1418829095_thumb.j
  • Possibly another bowl or razor kit

2) The Humidor - My first project after Christmas will be a beautiful veneered Humidor, plans/guidance from the Wood Whisperer Guild. It will be Walnut Burl veneer on the outside, with Maple trim. I am extremely excited to get into the world of veneer. I am making this humidor for my Dad, I had planned to have it done by Christmas, but seeing as how I have yet to begin, that is impossible.

3) Chest of Drawers - As a wedding present, I made a headboard made of all Ash, and so of course I have been instructed to make the bedroom set to match. I am excited to get rid of the cheap furniture currently plaguing our bedroom! This will be my first chest of drawers, so I am excited to dive in.

4) Bedside Tables - Continuing the bedroom theme, I will make two modern style bedside tables in White Ash. Depending on my SO's wishes, this may come even before the chest of drawers.

5) Platform Bed - Since I only hade a headboard, the bed is currently outfitted with cheap rails with no footboard, and a rapidly deteriorating box spring set. I plan to create rails and cross supports onto the existing headboard, creating a platform bed, thus finishing the bedroom set in the Ash theme and eliminating the need for a box spring.

I am anticipating some big life changes that will likely involve a move across the country and long work hours, but I am nonetheless optimistic about my ability to complete these goals, taken one at a time. I will blog about my progress in each as I go, wish me luck! Thanks for caring, I'll add photos of Christmas gifts soon.

-Hunter