iPad Holder

Coop

I've made simple ones for cell phones but then I made a bigger version for an ipad mini. I took them to work and had orders for 3 times the original price I had put on them for a craft sale. Curly maple and walnut and walnut and cherry. One person asked for oak and walnut (similar to the larger one pictured) . The nice thing for me on these is the front catch is cut off from the the back rest, so the angle matches naturally, and the front of the base has the same angle. Thus, the front catch and the back rest are parallel to each other and the catch rests flat on the table surface.

post-14922-14189641754712_thumb.jpg

post-14922-14189641984973_thumb.jpg

They need to be in a case. I have a logitech case with a keyboard builtin for my iPad Air. I have a screen wiping rag that is placed onto the keys to prevent the screen being scratched when the case is closed. It's just not worth making one as they are so difficult to mount in anything.
I also have the original iPad with an Apple case. That works fine. If weight is an issue get a nice leather one (without separate keyboard) as it adds little to overall mass.

Stands are ok for static installations (maybe on a desk) but give no protection, are not portable and I would not want to carry a lump of wood around with me.

They need to be in a case. I have a logitech case with a keyboard builtin for my iPad Air. I have a screen wiping rag that is placed onto the keys to prevent the screen being scratched when the case is closed. It's just not worth making one as they are so difficult to mount in anything.

I also have the original iPad with an Apple case. That works fine. If weight is an issue get a nice leather one (without separate keyboard) as it adds little to overall mass.

Stands are ok for static installations (maybe on a desk) but give no protection, are not portable and I would not want to carry a lump of wood around with me.

Terry, You're probably right. And yes, a frame or case is what I had in mind. I guess I just have wood on the mind. My wife will mention that she wants something and I will interrupt and say "I can make that". She usually just rolls her eyes and buys whatever it is.

In some cases, leather is better than wood!

• Like 1

Preciate it cdolcourt. I need something to make it easier to hold while I type simpleton questions to this bunch that I don't know answers to. The pad itself seems to just want to slip right out of my hands after I finish my bologna sandwich and beer. Probably should switch to pb&j.

Your stands look pretty darn neat though!

• 2 weeks later...