Dinner table journal ... Here we go!

bushwacked

A man and his wood, it's a special thing, just don't mention it in the wrong company cause they won't understand.

Haha I have already found that out. Talking with some friends about it and the time that was going to be involved and I basically got a .. Why don't you just buy one .. Response. A lot of people just don't know what it's like to build something themselves these days. It's sad.

Is it weird that I'm really excited about this project journal?

Well now the pressures on hopefully it turns out like I imagine it to be.

Nah, should be fun to watch.. I'm sure he'll do a really nice job!

Hopefully. I've never destroyed anything this expensive before if it turns out bad

Also. The final look of the table a little better drawn out than the original. I decided to go with a bench that could slide under the table for storage when not in use. It is still about 43" long so that will give plenty of room for 2 people still and they won't have to worry about the legs.

b3c6c4cbe33222be5f2fddac623b3615.jpg

I think the design should work out great and still be very functional and space saving at the same time.

What ya think?

Hmmm, well, sorry to say, management doesn't know what she's talking about. That look screams, "I'm screwed together." But you're the one who has to live with her, so do what ya need to do. :)

Yep. It is still in the early stages so I will definitely be trying to put it in her head that it's ugly and looks cheap. We shall see how that goes. Some battles are just not worth the casualties haha

It is a lot of M&Ts but, it's the right way in my opinion.

I know I'm way late to the game but I thought I would throw in another option to the M&Ts.

Tommy Mac did a hall table with spline miter joinery.

If you wan to see the episode, scroll down to mitered hall table here:

http://www.tommymac.us/rough-cut-woodworking-with-tommy-mac/season-3/

I know I'm way late to the game but I thought I would throw in another option to the M&Ts.

Tommy Mac did a hall table with spline miter joinery.

If you wan to see the episode, scroll down to mitered hall table here:

http://www.tommymac.us/rough-cut-woodworking-with-tommy-mac/season-3/

I will take a look and see what that's all about.

Evil brother in-laws generosity will save you lots of time and probably cost you $$$. Have fun playing with it, practice on some scrap untill you are familiar with the machine.

Super! Take the stuff for the table with you too!

Steve's right tho, you'll be wanting one after this.

Haha yep I am afraid that the domino may be jumping to the top of my list after I get to use it in this project