Injuries

amateur eric

Years ago i was ripping a 2x4 on edge using an old craftsman contractors saw. At the time i had no real understanding of KB. I was standing in the bad zone when the short 2by came a flying back. It hit my stomache at mach speed and dropped me like a stone. Luckily i had no internal damage. I did have a raised red mark perfectly shaped like the end of a 2x4 in the center of my gut. The pain was pretty horrific.

Reminds me of a pop I took once. Our 15 hp ripsaw kicked a piece back an hit me on the hand. Blood, skin, curses were all flying around.

I figured a 2x4 sized chunk hit me but it turned out to be a 1/16 th thick by 3-4 inches long sliver. Freakin amazing how fast stuff happens.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

My most serious injury was making a PVC rocket launch pad for model rockets for my nephew, I used carriage bolts and I was squaring up the round holes with a cheap chisel, needless to say, shortly, like minutes, after my wife left for work, I plunged that chisel into my left index finger. I left a nice bloody trail through the house, got the bleeding stopped, then went to Walmart to buy bandaids(which is where my wife works) so I pay for my bandaids, Tylenol and beer and I take 2 steps and feel a warm sensation all over my hand, which is blood... I stick my hand in my pocket and high tail it for the truck to get myself bandaged up again. Wife gets home and starts telling me how some sick son of a $@;)/! bled all over the floor and she had to clean it up! I think she felt better when she found out it was me, maybe not? I didn't realize at the time I had actually "dripped"