So How Bad Is It?

Boatworks Today

For those of you scrambling last minute to finish up projects / gifts, etc cleaning is typically something that's done after the Holidays when things have slowed down (at least for me). So, out of curiosity what condition is your shop in tonight? I'm normally very clean and organized; not tonight. Its a frickin disaster!

Bolting out of here in 5 minutes for cocktails and wrapping!

Have a safe and happy Holidays everyone!

post-6031-0-91427800-1419383824_thumb.jp

thats nothing if you have ever turned you know how much chips it can produce. last night after i got done (and yes i didnt clean anything because i was tired) i was standing up to the top of my shins in chips.

Shins in chips... Say that a dozen times real fast

BW, my work area never looks that good, even AFTER a cleanup!

My father in law passed about 18 months ago, and I inherited a couple 16' trailer loads of tools and assorted oddments from his shop. Mine hasn't recovered from the overload yet. Unfortunately, he was a machinist. Many of his measuring / marking tools have translated into my workflow, but there's still a ton of his stuff I can't even identify.

• Like 1

I'd be ashamed to take a pic of my shop right now!

Yesterday, I milled enough walnut for 5 window casings that I installed today.  Then, I was back in the shop at 5am to finish up that cutting board, sand epoxy off of a couple walnut boards, and add some more epoxy to an entry shelf I'm working on..  Then at 7, I headed to the client's home and installed the window casing, 600 sq ft of flooring, and built the pony wall for the shelf that I'm building..

So, my shop looks like poop!

• Like 1

I'd be ashamed to take a pic of my shop right now!

Yesterday, I milled enough walnut for 5 window casings that I installed today.  Then, I was back in the shop at 5am to finish up that cutting board, sand epoxy off of a couple walnut boards, and add some more epoxy to an entry shelf I'm working on..  Then at 7, I headed to the client's home and installed the window casing, 600 sq ft of flooring, and built the pony wall for the shelf that I'm building..

So, my shop looks like poop!

Kev, walnut window casings? Must have been one heck of a house?

I don't even want to think about it. My cutoffs bucket is overflowing with little ends and reindeer negatives, all around my lathe is covered in curly hard maple shavings, I've been trying to clean as I go, but I can't even bare to be in the shop tonight. I need a break from the shop.

Rain deer negatives is that another term for poop?

I try to clean up as I go along. It's not always possible of course. Last night I did actually clean up and swept the floors a little more rigorously than normal. I also took the opportunity to wax all the cast iron parts and oil the hand tool blades for the new year.

Terry, For some reason, I suspect yours and Kev's stay clean :)

Not unlike mine and Richard's :wacko:

But, I'm gonna change my ways, come next year?

Drives me nuts when mine looks the way it does..  Got a little Christmas activity this morning but, will be in the shop to get it order as soon as that's finished.