photo hosting and project threads

Raefco

I am mid way into a couple projects, started a build thread too early as I usually do, with bikes, cars, wood what ever I am building at the time. I have been hosting my pics in a dedicated  Facebook album hidden from public view but after a week or so the links stopped working, rather than trying to realign all the pics I deleted the build. I had not had that problem before, to get to the point, where do you host your pics?

I used to use imageshack and preferred them until they eliminated the free hosting.  Now they give you 30 days of free trial, then you have to upgrade to a paid account to continue to use it.  Now I use photobucket.  It's fine.  And free.  Just copy the direct link and paste the URL in the Image Properties icon.

I used to use imageshack and preferred them until they eliminated the free hosting.  Now they give you 30 days of free trial, then you have to upgrade to a paid account to continue to use it.  Now I use photobucket.  It's fine.  And free.  Just copy the direct link and paste the URL in the Image Properties icon.

Now that you mention it, I think I did pay a fee for my account..  I don't recall the amount tho, couldn't be too much or I'd be complaining about it..  ;)

I've see a few here lately that came from drop box so, that might also be an option.

I always use imgur...very easy to upload even from iPhone and free. I hate photobucket mostly because it's blocked at work so I can't see the photos. =p

You can also just keep them on Dropbox...you can make public links to use in forum and with Dropbox you have them avail on the web, all your computers, and all your phones/tablets.

I've used Imageshack but stopped because when they were transitioning to a paid model they experienced some significant performance issues.  I then started using Imgur which seems ok for now.  I could host them on my own website and may end up doing that in the end.  Lots of options out there...

I started using photobucket for the bodyshop so customers could see daily progress (we build cars), I haven't Been working in the bodyshop the last few years because of the fire, we are getting ready to expand and open another building, would I be better of starting a web site and hosting my own ?

post-16388-0-59402600-1420037127_thumb.j

I used to use imageshack and when they switched to a paid model it really messed me up. I post a lot (or have in the past) on owwm.org for woodworking machine restores. My old threads which act as tutorials for folks are now useless with blocked images thanks to imageshack.

Now I use imgur and I am quite happy with them. Easy to upload, some editing options, decent performance.

I also have my own website but prefer to use imgur because they are even easier to upload to then my website.

• Like 1