Happy New Year

DaveT

Good morning Terry... Getting a lot of calls for drawbridge designs?  You should, since you are the only source that I know of!  Happy New year young man.

Good morning Richard. I think I'll have to pull up the drawbridge today. I just need a quiet sit down with a good woodworking book. Just reading the Tommy Mac design for an expanding table in this months FWW. It looks good a food for thought.

All the best and happy new year buddy.

T

Good morning Richard. I think I'll have to pull up the drawbridge today. I just need a quiet sit down with a good woodworking book. Just reading the Tommy Mac design for an expanding table in this months FWW. It looks good a food for thought.

All the best and happy new year buddy.

T

Reading Tommy Mac, is way more better than listening to him... Good choice young'un.

• Like 2

Haapy New Year Dave.

I'm hung over a bit this morning. Hope you had a good hogmanay.

Not sure - I'll let you know when I can remember it :unsure:

Scottish way to wish everyone a Guid New Year! Only into 2015 for 18 hours and I'm already smarter!

Och aye, and lang may yer lum reek!

• Like 1

Dave, from anyone else, I'd be tempted to salute you with a hand jester, from you, thank you my friend (I hope)!

Damn, must be late, your time?

Currently 04:26 on 2nd Jan here so I suppose it is late :)

Roughly translated it means may your home fire burn for a long time - in other words a long life to you my friend.

• Like 1

Happy New Year to all! I heard that midnight came and went but I sure wasn't part of it!

Terry, what did you indulge in that made you feel this way?

What in the world is a Hogmanay?

Happy New Year Ken. Hogmanay is the Scots word for the last day of the year. Normally it is celebrated with various beverages and it used to have a performer called Andy Stewart (Donald where's your troosers - google it - there may be vids on Youtube) on TV after the stroke of midnight. I could never work out why he was on TV every year when I was a kid.

I have recovered from a bout of mixing beverages (beer, wine, whisky, brandy - you get the idea) to bring in the new year. You would have thought I was old enough by now to have worked out that mixing ones drinks does not work and is not a good idea. I blame my peer group ;)

Happy New Year to you Terry! I hope you're feeling a little better by now. You need to hang around here more often and quit associating with such un-desirables (peer group).

No alcohol spoken here, only quarter saw, rift sawn, etc. :D

I googled Andy, he must have been the Scots version of our Dick Clark, neither of which are with us today.

• Like 1