Started installing my cyclone

estesbubba

You'll love your cyclone. I have one just like it. I was wondering if you were going to use bags inside your collection drum? If so, you'll need the bag holder made for the collection drum.

Mine actually came with a bag for the drum and I don't recall the manual saying anything about a bag holder. I did talk to tech support and the guy said the hose from the barrel to the drum is to keep the bag from collapsing. I think they made changes in 2012 and wonder if this was one of them. Does yours have this hose?

The ducting looks great so far. Are you tapping that steel strapping into ceiling joists or just into drywall with anchors?

I hit the joists when possible otherwise the OSB seems to be doing fine. I'm definately going to add more straps once I'm sure everything is where I want it.

Mine actually came with a bag for the drum and I don't recall the manual saying anything about a bag holder. I did talk to tech support and the guy said the hose from the barrel to the drum is to keep the bag from collapsing. I think they made changes in 2012 and wonder if this was one of them. Does yours have this hose?

No, mine doesn't have a hose. I have to use a metal bag liner if I'm using bags in my collecting drum. I'll have to look into how that hose works.

Looks awesome Mike. I wanna see details of the actual machine hookups and where you locate your blast gates. By the way, I just finished running all my wiring today. Went through a little over 500 foot of 12-2 and about 300 foot of 14-2.

What's your next step? I used 1100' of 12-2 and 40' of 8-2. Way more than I needed but never know down the road.

I have 1 more day of insulating the ceiling. Then getting my line sets in the wall for heat and A/C and then on to vapor barrier. Lastly drywall and the pin oak paneling. Really tired of 2x4's...

Well I'm sick of 2x4's, romex, 80+ sheets of OSB , and 19 gallons of paint. The dust collection stuff is an enjoyable change of pace. Got any pics to update your build thread?

Got my first blast gates done and of course had to do a test run with maple then walnut. Band clamps wouldn't compress spiral pipe around gates so I used the metal straps. Not the cleanest solution but it works for now. There was no visible dust in the bag below the filter. I ran both the planer and drum sander.

post-8178-14204037926609_thumb.jpg

post-8178-14204038011969_thumb.jpg

post-8178-14204038095386_thumb.jpg

post-8178-14204038202807_thumb.jpg