Wood pricing. How does North Texas compare?

bushwacked

• 3 weeks later...

For others in the DFW Metroplex I have had good luck for board stock at Brazos Forrest Products off of 360 by the DFW Airport and for Slabs there is a guy in Mansfield named Fritz who runs a sawmill out of his house and apparently has a tree service or connection to one for his stock.  I don't have his number on hand but if anyone wants his info just PM me and I would be happy to dig it out of my bag 'o' connections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is a scan of the local wood supplier, about 20 minutes from my house, after reading here i guess I'm lucky to have this place so close, they will plane to the thickness you want for 15 cents a foot an offer custom moldings as well, they have more wood species than listed here, you just have to ask to see what else they have. this place is HUGE, i asked the owner what was the value of the wood in the 2 buildings  and he said just over 1 million dollars (insurance guy just left his place) will post pictures when i get over there next time.

Scan.pdf

this is a scan of the local wood supplier, about 20 minutes from my house, after reading here i guess I'm lucky to have this place so close, they will plane to the thickness you want for 15 cents a foot an offer custom moldings as well, they have more wood species than listed here, you just have to ask to see what else they have. this place is HUGE, i asked the owner what was the value of the wood in the 2 buildings and he said just over 1 million dollars (insurance guy just left his place) will post pictures when i get over there next time.

Where abouts are you. Just curious I like seeing the price differences across US