WTO 2014 - A Year In Woodworking

Since I've taken so much from the WTO forum in my scant 12 months of working wood, I'd like to give back a (minor) contribution.

Thought it would be really cool to throw together a short (ad free) video that would cycle through your project showcase pics (presumably 3-5 seconds per pic) along his/her handle....accompanied with a fitting music bed.

As far as getting me the pics, posting the pics to this thread would work I suppose, but attachment size is limited and quality would be reduced.  Simply emailing me would also work...or maybe the mods have a better solution? 

General housekeeping: 

- Deadline to submit is February 1st.

- Projects must have been completed in 2014.  

- Multiple projects per member strongly encouraged, but only one pic for each actual project

- Don't forget shop furniture!

- Must have been a WTO forum member in 2014

- Let me know if you want your handle and/or total years woodworking included

- Projects you created (this includes cheese sandwiches)

Assuming there's no weird legal sticking points as to the actual idea, and I can't imagine there is, let me know your thoughts as to the best way to submit your pics.

Thanks all - suggestions welcome, as long as it still results in the minimal amount of effort I've already dedicated to this :)

--VJ

• Like 1

Musicians on the Forum:

Would also be cool to use forum member's self composed (instrumental) works as well for the background bed, and give credit where credit's due. I know there's lots of talent here.

Let me know. My self composed (instrumental) catalog is a scant 3. Minutes, 10 seconds of total material....

...looking at you C Shaffer, Terry, Fretless, and guy with oboe and jewelry box (sorry...few beers in...not good with names).

Otherwise, we'll have to go free-form exploration Jazz Odyssey.

(Followed by Puppet Show)

Bass player available for PAYING GIGS ONLY. I play G, C, D. If your songs are not in G, please transpose them into G. If your song has an Em or Bm or anything off the wall I will probably sit out that chord.

Or I could learn those notes for $30 each. If you want me to do fancy stuff like go back and forth between G and D while you hold a G chord, forget it because I’m a “pocket” player.

Minimum $100 per gig within a 5 mile radius of 53095. $5 per mile travel charge for other areas out of town.

Please make sure your gigs are on a Wisconsin bus route, or you can pick me up at my place. Must be home by 11 pm due to previous legal hassles.

• Like 1