Hey Musicians - pimp your gear

wouldwurker

Even though I don't play guitar, I just wanted to see if I could make a body for one. :)

Guitarfinished004_zps1c200c82.jpg

I used aromatic cedar that I had laying around the shop for a try.

Then I got carried away and tried a "Rat Tar" . It was fun anyway! :)

RattarRatTar002_zps22b11758.jpg

I used a short piece of 2 x 10 pine planking for this one.

Rog

• Like 1

Very nice. 

My gear is as follows

Amp - Roland AC60

Guitars:
Rainsong WS1000

Ovation Elite 1778T

Taylor 416 Baritone Guitar

Guild 12 String

Martin Backpacker

Ibanez Performance Series Acoustic (The signed guitar)

Ibanez Soundgear 4 String Bass

Fender Strat (sits in the corner since electric guitars puzzle me)

Drums:

Simmons SD9K

Keyboard:

Korg SP170 88 key

Electronic Stuff:

Pedals

Boss RC20XL

Boss SuperChorus CH-1

Ibanez Soundtank Compressor

Boss ME-50 multi effects board

Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal

Interfaces/Controllers

Akai APC40 Controller

Akai MPD18 Pad

M-Audio MobilePre

Line 6 TonePort KB37

Boss MicroBR Recorder

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD280 Pro

Monitors:

M-Audio AV30

Apologies for the image quality as I've just taken them with my iPod 5th gen

1-IMG_1114.JPG

The TMc Rapter synth guitar, a Tanglewood acoustic, TMc Tcaster, TMc Dunluce lapsteel, Fender F-03 acoustic, just edging in a TMc PRSalike

1-IMG_1115.JPG There's the TMc PRSalike, a Fender Strat, TMc Thruneck DunluceIII and the TMc Dunluce IIIB Baritone.

There's also a TMc Precision Bassalike on a stand on the floor.

1-IMG_1116.JPG

A Yamaha 01V96 Mk2 digital mixing desk.

1-IMG_1117.JPG

My current simple pedal board - A load of Boss gear with the Electro Harmonix Humdebugger to cure those single coil hums.

Also there is a Line 6 PODXT LIve above it.

The Blackbox above it is an old Intermusic IC100 transistor amp. It's crap but the speakers are awesome. I'm going to cannibalise it for the spring line reverb and speakers later this year. I've had that since about 1979 and it was out in the garage for years and has finally popped.

1-IMG_1118.JPG

This is a Blackstar HT5 valve (tube) amplifier made by some ex Marshall employees who left to start up their own company. It's 5 watts of raw power and is surprisingly loud. I have a Vox Stomplab in the effects loop primarily for reverb.

1-IMG_1119.JPG

This is the studio nerve centre. A Behringer cheapo analog mixer with a few digital effects. The amps are Fender modelling amps that plug straight into the desk. You can also use the speakers but they are not very good when cranked up. Far better through a PA.

The recorder is a Fostex hard drive recorder. It has 16 tracks. The amp under the blue cover is my original Selmer Treble N Bass 50 tube amp. It's from around 1964 and works great. They cost a fortune on eBay but I'm not selling.

1-IMG_1120.JPG

Here's a close up of the recorder. You can also see the Roland GI20 synth to midi interfaces. I have a whole bunch of divided pickups (bass and guitar) to fit to customer instruments.

1-IMG_1121.JPG

And a close up of the digital effects gear and patch bay.

I really must rebuld this as the wood was bigbox ply and construction timber.

Damn Terry - I'll have to set aside 30 minutes to really look at all that.  Looks like some sweet gear.

I had that same POD XT for a few years, and sold it when I got into designing and building my own stomp boxes.  That Line6-Monkey interface was really cool though if you kept it all set up...especially with the play along tracks.

What's the story with the Martin with the tremolo, metallic top and single pickup? Is that a bigsby on that thing?

It's called the Martin Alternative XT.  A crazy Frankenstein guitar that they didn't make too many of, and as far as I know, the only lefty they built.  It's got a polymer body, aluminum top, a dimarzio pickup, and a bigsby.  The  soundhole cover is supposed to be a vintage radio style thing (says them).

Picked it up in Nazarath, PA (home of their factory...and Mario Andretti I think...)

Oh, and it sounds like total crap. :unsure:

• Like 1

Even though I don't play guitar, I just wanted to see if I could make a body for one. :)

Guitarfinished004_zps1c200c82.jpg

I used aromatic cedar that I had laying around the shop for a try.

Rog was that Spanish Cedar (Cedrela odorata) that was used in TWW Humidor build? If so it is a superb tone wood ideal for guitars.

It's superb Gary. Great for home use and recording. They do one now with a built in reverb and I believe that is very good too. It has the ISF feature (just a knob) that can dial in the characteristics of Marshall thru Fender and anywhere inbetween.

It has a 10" speaker and a couple of tubes inside. I had one of the tubes replaced under warranty and it is better than ever, I use a compressor before it to give single coils more ziz. It is great on P90s or humbuckers. One of the guitars I have made has the Seymour Duncan P-Rails and when in P90 mode it is hot.

I'm on the lookout for a Fender Hotrod III Deluxe, HotRod Deville III or Mesa Boogie at the moment but they are all much too loud for home usage. I just want a relatively cheap (good sounding) mass produced amp that you can pickup spares for real easy or get fixed. I've had my share of boutique amps that fail too often and you then find the manufacturer has gone out of business and you can't get it fixed.

It's superb Gary. Great for home use and recording. They do one now with a built in reverb and I believe that is very good too. It has the ISF feature (just a knob) that can dial in the characteristics of Marshall thru Fender and anywhere inbetween.

It has a 10" speaker and a couple of tubes inside. I had one of the tubes replaced under warranty and it is better than ever, I use a compressor before it to give single coils more ziz. It is great on P90s or humbuckers. One of the guitars I have made has the Seymour Duncan P-Rails and when in P90 mode it is hot.

Sounds sweet. I'm gonna have to check one out. I'm a bass player and only plink around on guitar, but I'd like to start playing more regularly. I think a nice tube amp would be a great incentive.

My dad left me a few guitars when he passed away.  I can bang out chords but basically there's no one less deserving to own these killer instruments.  There's a Martin 12-string that never sees the light of day but I still have it.  This Gibson J-200 was just uncomfortable for me to play so I sold it, despite its incredible tone and insane beauty...

gib.jpg

gib2.jpg

Then there's the one I cherish...1978 Martin HD-28, with all the goodies.  Rosewood body, Sitka spruce top, ebony bridge and fretboard, ivory nut and bridge pins, herring bone inlay.  He bought it new the year I was born.  Sounds amazing.  Wish I could do it justice.  Will never leave the family.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

The music stand was my first woodwork project - I had no intention of getting into woodwork at the time - I just wanted a nice wooden stand, and I couldn't find anywhere to buy one. But once it was finished I was ready to try making something else ... and you know the rest.

post-4067-0-25667300-1421100443_thumb.jp

The fiddle is an anonymous 1880's German made instrument - it never was a particularly fine instrument, but I think it's pretty cool that it's still making music after 130 years.

post-4067-0-51312800-1421100469_thumb.jp

edit: why are my pics so small?

My bevy of beauties. I play Larrivee guitars and basses. Now retired from music but I still have these. Used to use GK amps but moved to Eden a few years ago.

Six string electric bass

6d5d9c5412cd3211d27fcfb5c3fdcf16.jpg

1ab8e4a7baf55731ee50b64f009b5e96.jpg

The rest of the tribe. The five string acoustic bass is a custom job Jean made for me 27 years ago.

2334fd31fad7fe8e820779706fb488c0.jpg

Have made a mandolin and an electric bass. Currently working on a tenor ukulele.

2acda8c8d6156a898e1ec14d2befdc61.jpg

fba9f2f8f6b61bb81d72ca57329640d0.jpg

7dffed8b114e279384915f3e681c8f9b.jpg

Attaching the back

fd75d6e982ce3f9b8190f8c2796c725f.jpg

6849aee66704b9e18f33ce161ff7fbee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1