New Surface Planer

Chet

My new surface planer arrived last night.  Got to get it unpacked and build a mobile base for it first thing today.  It's burly and I don't want to be lifting it up all the time to use it.  I am thinking of making the base so the planer table will be at the same height as my table saw and out feed table so I can use it between the two and get more in feed and out feed support.

It's the 735x with the extension tables and extra blades.  My son in-law is the head tool repair mechanic at a large construction supply company here in the area and he was able to get it for me at their cost of $510.00 out the door because they are a Dewalt sales and warranty location.  Which is also nice if I ever need anything repaired on it at least I know who will be doing the repair.  I don't impose on him to often for the discount but on big stuff it is nice to save.  Hey, I let him marry my daughter its the least he can do. :D  Oh, I got him a case of beer too.  :D  :D

post-15968-0-81623100-1421430553_thumb.j

Man, I just finished doing a fair amount of work with this planer today and this is a really nice machine.  I would have to say that anyone in the market for a planer in this category, look no further.  This thing does a great job even at the lower quality setting and snipe was virtually non existent.  The snipe I was getting was a difference of about the thickness a line on your tape measure.  The only thing is this isn't really a bench top model, you are going to want to build a mobile base.  I pick this up one time and the next time I picked it up was to put it on is new base.  I forgot to hook the dust collector up when I sent the first sample through and I shot dust all over my wife's car which was about 10 - 12 feet away so yes the fan assist works well.